Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cubster

The Good Wife

I'm not sure what season is on overseas, but SA (regular TV and not cable) has recently started showing The Good Wife from season 1.

Its about the wife of a State Prosecutor(?) who has to put her life back together after her husband is caught having an affair and is put in jail (for charges which I cannot remember). She has to go back to work (she was a lawyer) to support her two children. At her work place she is the noob even though she was a very good lawyer when she was working (before she had children).

Its basically about how she handles everything and how she puts on a brave face and supports her husband even though she herself isn't too sure about she feels about him and their relationship.

I really like this show. Sometimes I feel really badly for their family cos these kids have to put up with people say about their father and Alicia (the wife) has to deal with judges and prosecutors who may not have liked her husband and how this affects the cases she is given.

Anyone got any opinions on the show?

Holy this sounds awesome and I have nothing to do. Imma check it out.

EDIT: WAIT. I DID HEAR OF IT! It was nominated 'best smart drama' or something. Yeah defo need to watch it.

Watched another episode last night! In this one Alicia had to deal with the prostitute going on the telly and basically blabbing about what had happened with the husband and then she was going to write a book and things. But they found a way to keep her quiet.

There was this one part though, where the son's friend gives him a CD that they refer to as 'Muslim music' and it was actually the athaan that they were playing :/ I didn't like that bit at all :/

She's stuck in that 'good wife' role and each episode you see her breaking out of her shell more. I wonder how many season they'll get out of it!