Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zimbabwe

Wisdoms from Other Cultures

There's a saying in Arabic: beating kids is like irrigating orchards. It rhymes in Arabic though: " al dharb lil subyan, kal ma' fil bustan".

I do not endorse it, however. And it's the only wisdom I've retained from any of the languages I know.

There's a saying in Arabic: beating kids is like irrigating orchards. It rhymes in Arabic though: " al dharb lil subyan, kal ma' fil bustan".

I do not endorse it, however. And it's the only wisdom I've retained from any of the languages I know.

Wisdom? That's disgusting.

(And yes, I did read you said you didn't endorse it. It might rhyme just like rappers rhyme vile stuff, doesn't make it good...poetry. Wisdom, in this saying's regards)

Don't put all your eggs in one basket - arabic.

Basically don't be too dependent on only one thing.

A very beautiful Arabic proverb:

For the sake of the flowers, the weeds are watered.

Meaning (from what I understood) we water weeds in the hopes that the result will be a flower emerging from that 'bad plant'. Don't give up on those that don't seem like they have any future/are underserving. Help them and with time and effort and some hope - they might be that flower.

A very beautiful Arabic proverb:

For the sake of the flowers, the weeds are watered.

Meaning (from what I understood) we water weeds in the hopes that the result will be a flower emerging from that 'bad plant'. Don't give up on those that don't seem like they have any future/are underserving. Help them and with time and effort and some hope - they might be that flower.

Or Allah "waters" weeds because of the flowers.

Or Allah "waters" weeds because of the flowers.

Mhmm :)