Maniac Muslim Forums
cubster

Thesis Write Up

JazakAllah Sporty Muslimah :)

This:

looks like it could be relevant, although not directly, but good for a review. Did you publish your work? Would I be able to find it on the net?

I would love someone to read it as I go along, but I am so scared of my work lol. I usually hide from my supervisor until she corners me and harasses my work out of me for her to see :P InshaAllah, I can get over this. I will let you know a bit later when I have something concrete, inshaAllah.

I didn't publish it, sorry. It was part of my teacher training, I can't find the assessment itself but if I do I'll scan it and send it over. Goodness knows which folder the electronic copy is in!

Something someone said to me while I was writing my thesis that REALLY stuck:

the hardest part is STARTING

Each day, force yourself to START. Open the file. Open the book. Pick up the highlighter. THAT step is the most painful. You think it's the actual writing but it's forcing yourself to get going...

"oh, let me go down and have another glass of water first..."

"oh, let me check out this website one more time...."

"you know, I should organize ALL my hijabs and then I will DEFINATELY start writing!!"

Just remember that! All the best cubster, it will feel great in the end inshAllah!!

I didn't publish it, sorry. It was part of my teacher training, I can't find the assessment itself but if I do I'll scan it and send it over. Goodness knows which folder the electronic copy is in!

You should think about publishing it! People are making lots of money from this!

Thanks, if you find it it would be great, but really, you don't have to go into scanning the whole thing, thats a lot of work :P

Something someone said to me while I was writing my thesis that REALLY stuck:

the hardest part is STARTING

Each day, force yourself to START. Open the file. Open the book. Pick up the highlighter. THAT step is the most painful. You think it's the actual writing but it's forcing yourself to get going...

"oh, let me go down and have another glass of water first..."

"oh, let me check out this website one more time...."

"you know, I should organize ALL my hijabs and then I will DEFINATELY start writing!!"

Just remember that! All the best cubster, it will feel great in the end inshAllah!!

THIS!!!

It takes me like TWO HOURS before I can get going. I'm not too worried about the writing, that will be okay cos once the flow starts it will just keep going!

I've organised half my room, my cupboards. Swept, cooked cleaned the house (all things I never ever do on a normal basis :( )

And there are things that are annoying me that never did before and I JUST HAVE TO GET IT DONE otherwise I'll lose my mind :(

But I'm getting some work in every day. I'm reading and reading at the moment. Will probably start the formal writing this weekend :)

I know that feeling!! The best thing to do is set small targets for yourself, even within each chapter that you write. Like in my literature review chapter, I had different sections...so by x date, I will have y section in this chapter done. I also would make up deadlines for my prof to review. So I would TELL her that "I will e-mail x chapter to you by y date" and that would MAKE me do it.

Another thing is rather than thinking "I HAVE to do this before I write," try thinking "IF I finish this chapter, then I can go and do this"....I found that helped as well.

The thing is, overall, it is a long process...but if you take it in small pieces, it will go by so fast inshAllah!! I think one of the things that kept me from starting was like "OHHH man I have to write SIX chapters :S I'm never going to get this done..." but once I thought of it in small segments, it made it easier.

At the end of the day, you are doing this because you ARE capable of doing it and you WILL inshAllah be successful. All the best :)

JazakAllah Plummy :)

I haven't touched my work in like week because of stupid job commitments taking over my life. Will get back into it this week, by Thursday inshaAllah. I've done 3 interviews, need to set up some more for next week and get the parents done too. Then I can get into doing the themes.

I have plans in my head inshaAllah will be able to get them out and on paper soon!!!

I'm halfway through part of chapter one. Which was due on Monday but will now be handed in tomorrow, with other bits to follow on Thursday and Friday. Its not an excuse but I'm having a hard time fitting in writing and ramadaan at the same time. I feel like I'm half arsing on both :/

I'm halfway through part of chapter one. Which was due on Monday but will now be handed in tomorrow, with other bits to follow on Thursday and Friday. Its not an excuse but I'm having a hard time fitting in writing and ramadaan at the same time. I feel like I'm half arsing on both :/

MashAllah good job cubby may Allah make it easy for you :)

^JazakAllah :wub:

I'm typing most of my chapter one atm. My supervisor handed in my intention to submit today :fear: So I havta submit at the end of the year. And she's been on my case for the last few days to get her the chapter. So thats good, we're pushing each other.

Gah, I hate typing off written work :wacko: 20 more pages to go :P

I sumbitted my first chapter, backlash on Monday :P

I wrote out like 30 pages and it only just barely made 20 pages on Word :( But its not a complete chapter, I still have some stuphph to put in once the whole thing is finished.

I got my chapter back and it was good :dance: :dance: :dance:

For the most part lol. Much better than I thought. I was expecting to have to redo the whole thing, but my supervisor is happy with most of it. She only had issues with the sections that I half-arsed :P Which were not bad but not good enough!

I am SO relieved.

I'm still working on my lit review, trying to get into that zone but its not working :/

I got my chapter back and it was good :dance: :dance: :dance:

For the most part lol. Much better than I thought. I was expecting to have to redo the whole thing, but my supervisor is happy with most of it. She only had issues with the sections that I half-arsed :P Which were not bad but not good enough!

I am SO relieved.

I'm still working on my lit review, trying to get into that zone but its not working :/

yay that's just awesome :D Keep up the good work inshAllah :)