Maniac Muslim Forums
cubster

Thesis Write Up

Its been going no where for the last couple of weeks! I haven't been able to focus. But I am going to get back into full swing from tomorrow inshaAllah.

I have a list of books that I need to read and have summarised important bits by the end of the next two weeks. I am going to list them here tomorrow inshaAllah and then you guys can pester me about how far along I have been reading.

Also, I am pretty pissed about this one lady I am trying to interview. She is not answering my calls and then she gets her husband to say that she is busy. She wants me to beg, she carries on as though she is oh-so-important and when I tell her that if she doesn't have the time its okay I'll interview someone else, then she suddenly has the time. Then she doesn't take my calls when I want to get a final time for the interview.

I asked her is I could do it last week and she was like oh she's so busy, one teacher is leaving (which has no impact on her whatsoever as they have a replacement), so then she asks what days I'm available. So I said I can do Mondays and the Thursday that week, and that I don't want to commit to anything on Wednesday because it might be eid. Suddenly she becomes available on Wednesday. So I said thats all fine and things but I don't know if I will be available. She has the gall to tell me that eid is going to be on Saturday or Sunday. I politely disagreed with her, telling her the new moon birth is on Monday, so depending on whether the moon is sighted or not, eid could be Tuesday or Wednesday. She insists that I am wrong and that she is right. I had to tell her that I would call her on Tuesday to tell her what the story was. I was so pissed! And then she starts to ignore my calls. I texted her so many times, she could have at least replied. <_<

Its been going no where for the last couple of weeks! I haven't been able to focus. But I am going to get back into full swing from tomorrow inshaAllah.

I have a list of books that I need to read and have summarised important bits by the end of the next two weeks. I am going to list them here tomorrow inshaAllah and then you guys can pester me about how far along I have been reading.

Also, I am pretty pissed about this one lady I am trying to interview. She is not answering my calls and then she gets her husband to say that she is busy. She wants me to beg, she carries on as though she is oh-so-important and when I tell her that if she doesn't have the time its okay I'll interview someone else, then she suddenly has the time. Then she doesn't take my calls when I want to get a final time for the interview.

I asked her is I could do it last week and she was like oh she's so busy, one teacher is leaving (which has no impact on her whatsoever as they have a replacement), so then she asks what days I'm available. So I said I can do Mondays and the Thursday that week, and that I don't want to commit to anything on Wednesday because it might be eid. Suddenly she becomes available on Wednesday. So I said thats all fine and things but I don't know if I will be available. She has the gall to tell me that eid is going to be on Saturday or Sunday. I politely disagreed with her, telling her the new moon birth is on Monday, so depending on whether the moon is sighted or not, eid could be Tuesday or Wednesday. She insists that I am wrong and that she is right. I had to tell her that I would call her on Tuesday to tell her what the story was. I was so pissed! And then she starts to ignore my calls. I texted her so many times, she could have at least replied. <_<

Not worth the time or the effort, politely tell her that you won't be interviewing her due to limited time and move on to someone else.

People like this are self important, don't give her the satisfaction.

List so far:

Books:

Children with Autism

A masters thesis (this one I started with today)

Children on the Bridge (I read this already for my proposal but I need to re-read and take proper notes)

Unchanging Minds

I have a bunch of journal articles to sort through and print so I'll list those later.

Yeah Sporty. Thanks. I'm so annoyed with her though. She is the only uncooperative person I have had so far <_<

Update:

Chapters 1 through 5 are done. Only corrections to be done. Will be getting them to my supervisor tomorrow morning inshaAllah.

Working on the theory bit. I hate this bit. I have done the two parts that I was meant to and am doing the third bit atm. This is the biggest bit as its the focus of the research.

Btw, the theory I am using is rites of passage and liminality if anyone is interested ;)

I will message you every Friday to make sure you are on track, inshaAllah.

I will be interested in the rites of passage you have to offer me.

I have to submit Chapter 3 tonight!!!

And have Chapter 1 and 2 ready by Friday.

And do chapter 6 this weekend!!! (its already half done but needs to be completed)

Chubster, finished writing all the chapters you had to have done today?

I've done the corrections for Ch3. My supervisor has taken it to read with another chapter for the weekend. I have another three chapters to correct and then I've got to finish this last chapter this weekend to give to her on Monday.

I've got a crap load of marking thats keeping me back at the moment. InshaAllah that will be done by next week so I can focus on my own work.

If anyone reads this, please make dua for my supervisor. She has insomnia and its been getting worse recently. And its becoming such a problem that she can't focus on her work or mine. She's had one chapter for over a week. And normally it takes her a day or two at the most to go over a chapter. I know its a bit selfish of me to ask to make dua because it benefits me, but please, pretty please!!!