Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ishavemychesthair2

Concerts

same as MEM. only street festival/event things. uncle plays in a band so we went to caribbean festival in vancouver, stuff like that. not really concerts, but yeah.

carnival festival? were there half naked people jumping around like we have here?

carnival festival? were there half naked people jumping around like we have here?

no. this was in a place called maple ridge which is an hour from vancouver. it wasn't carnival at all. just a whole set of booths with people selling stuff. and bands playing music. and food. and everyone was white. we were like what the ass kind of caribbean festival doesn't have caribbean people.

toronto's caribana on the other hand... O_O i'm not even allowed to go to that. nor would i go if i had the opportunity. waaaaaaaaaaaaay too haraam.

no. this was in a place called maple ridge which is an hour from vancouver. it wasn't carnival at all. just a whole set of booths with people selling stuff. and bands playing music. and food. and everyone was white. we were like what the ass kind of caribbean festival doesn't have caribbean people.

toronto's caribana on the other hand... O_O i'm not even allowed to go to that. nor would i go if i had the opportunity. waaaaaaaaaaaaay too haraam.

lol_2.gif It sounds like a cleaned up version of carnival. I don't blame em, real carnival is pretty out there, not family friendly or anything.

caribana O_O Yeah our artistes travel to the US and Canada for that. It's all a big fete from what I hear. Haraamness on a next level. It sucks such a big part of my culture is haraamness on a next level.

lol_2.gif It sounds like a cleaned up version of carnival. I don't blame em, real carnival is pretty out there, not family friendly or anything.

caribana O_O Yeah our artistes travel to the US and Canada for that. It's all a big fete from what I hear. Haraamness on a next level. It sucks such a big part of my culture is haraamness on a next level.

it's not a cleaned up version of carnival at all. it's a totally different thing. it cannot even be compared to carnival.

and yeah caribana is serious tingz. i have family who come all the way from florida for it. apparently the toronto carnival is even better than the florida and new york ones O_O

lmao i think a big part of many cultures are pretty haraam. some are just more apparent than others.

i reallyyyyyyyyyy wanted to go to this collie buddz concert once but the only way i could go was if i lied to my parents about where i was going + i had an exam the next day + that concert was way too haram. so no.

Lol yeah, I was talking to some Brazilian guy once and he was saying how he goes back every year for the carnevale. I asked what it was like and he became very animated and said - "Oh, you definitely shouldn't go, because you will for sure come back changed!... I dunno if you want to be changed. It's too much crazy and you will be changed from both the inside and the outside!" I think he thought I was the equivalent of a nun or something.

Which, in a way, I guess I am.

I went to an African Festival.

Not only was it fun, but I felt at home haha. I miss mah continent :( They turned the WHOLE venue upside down, I forgot I was in Canada. Pretty halal too (well not if you consider Music to be harram), it was Mostly Muslim Africans and yeah. Loved it.

As for concerts: no comment.