Maniac Muslim Forums
Gunner

Listening to...

6 hours ago, Mufasa said:

The only thing is, not only do I not like his newest songs, but I don't even like how he now sings his old songs. Basically I am seeing him 10 years too late but oh well. Everyone has their fall from grace.

Yea he's past his personal best. 

Maybe he sounds different live.

Back Street boys take you way back! 

I don't think you can replace them at least for our generation.

This band. I remember listening to it a long time ago.

HURTS - Illuminated. Romance your ego for a while, come on give it a try. 

4 hours ago, Breeze said:

Hurts. <3 

I remember it too. First heard it on a Sky Movies advert. End of August something of 2010. 

Then searched it up & found the full song. 

Those were some special days & this song made those times particularly memorable. 

I was fairly disappointed with Matisyahu. He performed very few of his old songs, and those that he did (2?), he changed so much. He's gone through a lot of phases, not only in terms of musical style, but also in terms of dress, presentation, etc., and I'm not sure I dig his current act. It was very jam-bandy and each song was excruciatingly long. It felt weird for a band that is structured around and literally known only for its singer. There's no way anyone goes to his shows to hear the band go on lengthy improvised jams while he mumbles or hums along.

Though I wasn't a fan of his newer songs, I did really like this song. I appreciate that his songs sound to be from the heart:

3 hours ago, Mufasa said:

I was fairly disappointed with Matisyahu. He performed very few of his old songs, and those that he did (2?), he changed so much. He's gone through a lot of phases, not only in terms of musical style, but also in terms of dress, presentation, etc., and I'm not sure I dig his current act. It was very jam-bandy and each song was excruciatingly long. It felt weird for a band that is structured around and literally known only for its singer. There's no way anyone goes to his shows to hear the band go on lengthy improvised jams while he mumbles or hums along.

Though I wasn't a fan of his newer songs, I did really like this song. I appreciate that his songs sound to be from the heart:

Didn't he have hair before? :blink:

6 hours ago, Breeze said:

Didn't he have hair before? :blink:

He used to have a big beard but he shaved it years ago. He was a hasidic Jew but not anymore. 

1 minute ago, Mufasa said:

He used to have a big beard but he shaved it years ago. He was a hasidic Jew but not anymore. 

identity crisis?

20 minutes ago, Breeze said:

identity crisis?

He says he's still observant but not in the hasidic way. I think he probably felt inauthentic because he became a novelty/spectacle because of his beard. But yea he does seem a bit lost/confused in general imo. But who isnt