Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GuerillaRadio

MM Movie Night

The Idea

Everyone gathers in chat whilst one Maniac streams a movie. Then we watch the movie 'together' and discuss it in chat, &c. I think it's going to be awesome. It is now time to select the movie and figure out the best time to air it.

The deadline for movie title and time suggestions is next Sunday, November 6 by midnight Eastern Time (rationale for selecting Eastern as the standard is below). On Monday, November 7, the times and titles will be ordered into a poll on this thread.

Considerations

Time

All times should be stated in Hamzah's time zone (Eastern Time).

Movie Selection

Movies should have a minimum of sexytime, bad language, &c. PG-13 and below is probably the strongest, but maybe there are some R-rated films for which a case may be made. Disney and documentaries seem favored, but not exclusive.

Authority

white-rose is the mod in charge of this matter. All of her decisions are final and binding.

r-z, I think we're going to use a 3rd party site, like JustinTV to get it done. white-rose will take care of the technical stuphph.

As for the benefits, right now I see it as a fun way to build camaraderie in the community. But in the future, I could see it as a screening for Maniacs' own films, important documentaries, and ways for all of us to watch important news events together, &c.

they would most certainly have to be rated G, given the MM population and other limitations. yes?

r-z, of the anime I think MM can stomach, I'm thinking Grave of the Fireflies, which I haven't seen, but which I've been told is totally awesome. Ishavemychesthair2, aye. But, there are a ton of excellent documentaries MM could get in on. blessing, I think most scary stuphph will be eliminated by other restrictions, but nawted!

Some movies I'll suggest (trailers linked):

(this trailer made me laugh out loud)

2. Robin Hood

(documentary about commercial development and water--literally the best pure documentary I've seen)

Who wants to share popcorn with me?

How about "A Bronx Tale"? I think its R though. But there's no like nudity or anything.

First of all, what a fantastic idea! I'm excited.

I'll throw in the 1999 movie "The Mummy".