Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GuerillaRadio

MM Movie Night

You don't want to be held accountable for wasting time.

Bad Idea.

Says the person who's on MM. :P

how does one stream a movie?

what are the benefits of this thing?

There are websites which host movies and it's easier for most people with a slower connection to stream a movie than download it before they can watch it.

r-z, I think we're going to use a 3rd party site, like JustinTV to get it done. white-rose will take care of the technical stuphph.

As for the benefits, right now I see it as a fun way to build camaraderie in the community. But in the future, I could see it as a screening for Maniacs' own films, important documentaries, and ways for all of us to watch important news events together, &c.

:lol: what? I don't even know if Justin TV works in UAE. And for the record, when you randomly asked me about it, I thought this involved 2 - 3 people and not the whole of MM. :lol: How are you going to ensure everyone is able to make it and make everyone agree to a movie? :hmm:

What's wrong with Bollywood? :(

No scary stuff!!

It's probably best it's not Bollywood since I've seen most of the movies and not everyone understands Hindi. We can have our own movie night. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568921/

This is an awesome anime :)Any suggestions ???

That looks pretty good actually.

Aw I think this is a good idea!

When I suggested this in chat a few months ago, no one was ready for it. :( GR is way too persuasive.

:lol: what? I don't even know if Justin TV works in UAE. And for the record, when you randomly asked me about it, I thought this involved 2 - 3 people and not the whole of MM. :lol: How are you going to ensure everyone is able to make it and make everyone agree to a movie? :hmm:

Last question first! What we'll do is take all the movie suggestions in this thread and have a poll. You'll have ultimate say, however, in case there's a joke vote for "Sexytime 17" or something like that.

As for how Justin TV or whatever works, it was just a suggestion, mine sister! I was told that you have the technical expertise to pull this off, is all.

When I suggested this in chat a few months ago, no one was ready for it. :( GR is way too persuasive.

Nawp! People are on this because you're the suggested mod!

You don't want to be held accountable for wasting time.

Bad Idea.

I believe this confuses some issues. There's a difference between not using your time optimally (losing out on opportunities for hassaanaat) and doing something sinful with your time (plain old sinful). Your post implies this is sinful. While potentially so, on its face, it is not.

I agree this use of time isn't optimal, but read the justifications (to develop community, &c.). I also don't think its entirely wasteful, either.

Edit: To address the new guy.

Heh - I didn't say I was actually going to watch any of them, was just suggesting one for everyone else! :D

Says the person who's on MM.

Excuse me Enigma, but do you know the difference between going on MM for a good cause and going on MM to watch a movie? Which one is more wasteful? Which one has more blessing? You decide. :P

How about if we watch Malcolm X? Educational & entertaining, but maybe too long?

Guerilla Radio, it's good you want to develop the community, but develop it in a way they'll progress. Watching 'general' Movies won't do the Job.

You're right. We have to watch Mr. Bean.

Heh - I didn't say I was actually going to watch any of them, was just suggesting one for everyone else! :D

Oh, come on! Watching the movie with you would be hilarious and awesome.

Guerilla Radio, it's good you want to develop the community, but develop it in a way they'll progress. Watching 'general' Movies won't do the Job.

Most of my concern with your post was the implication of sin where there wasn't any.

I agree with this point, however: there are better and worse ways of going about this. I'll leave it to the masses!