Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolSideOfThePillow

Ashwak Nae'eema discussion thread

Asalaama all,

for those of you who are not familiar with Ashwak Na'eema it's a Syrian drama following the trials and tribulations of High school gitls.

To be honest, it's actually pretty bad :P but makes for some intriguing watching! if anything it's an interesting commentary on pre-revolution Syrian society. (did y'all believe that last bit :P )

anyway, heres a link to the first episde:

let me know your comments and observations! :)

For those of you who speak arabic/hindi how does this stack up against indian dramas?

(or just discuss Arab TV in general)

lol, this is better than most Indian drama honestly. I hate Indian serials because they are unbelievably slow. I guess they are made for busy house wives who cannot not concentrate all the time so everything that happens is repeated 3 times and with long pauses. :lol:

I like the drama so far actually but it has some hilarious moments like the writer guy who reads love letters and blushes. :lol:

lol haha! hmm... wow, I know indian films are like 3/4 hours long, do Indians really have that much spare time on their hands?

Haha I know right? what the hell was his letter about, "You are the queen of my sadness" what the hell dude!!!???

My favourite part so far is "GOAAAALLL, ALLAH HU AKBAR! I LIKE THE ORANGE!" ahahahahah! that made me laugh so hard!

^ haha, yeah! Queen of sadness. :lol: And the orange bit. :lol:

And Indian movies are like 2.5 hrs long. :lol:

I don't know about you WR but as the story developes i'm really begining to notice very subtle references to a 'Syrian/Middle Eastern' way of life/culture. For example, when they discuss valentines day and love, they dicuss it from a Syrian perspective. And they seem to be trying to define the role of women in society as well, like when the philosophy teacher just accepts the fact that after she gives birth she won't return to work.

What do you think?

lol, this is better than most Indian drama honestly. I hate Indian serials because they are unbelievably slow. I guess they are made for busy house wives who cannot not concentrate all the time so everything that happens is repeated 3 times and with long pauses. :lol:

Oxymoron! You are not a busy housewife if you have time to reduce your brain to mush watching Indian serials!

I don't know about you WR but as the story developes i'm really begining to notice very subtle references to a 'Syrian/Middle Eastern' way of life/culture. For example, when they discuss valentines day and love, they dicuss it from a Syrian perspective. And they seem to be trying to define the role of women in society as well, like when the philosophy teacher just accepts the fact that after she gives birth she won't return to work.

What do you think?

When were they discussing valentine's day? And the women wont return to work? :unsure:

But oh man, the end of ep 2, the dad catches her and her friend talking to a boy and runs after her! Crazy man.

Oxymoron! You are not a busy housewife if you have time to reduce your brain to mush watching Indian serials!

On the contrary, it means you can follow the story without requiring full or constant attention. Either way, I can't stand 90% of them. Some start well but they start to drag eventually because they want it to last as long as possible with the least amount of progress per episode.

Going to post next ep's responses in a spoiler:

Oh man, he started to beat her and her psychologist comes to her rescue. I didn't know they lived in the same building.

And the weird female client is full on hitting on the married lawyer. Scary. :fear:

The dr. character is ridiculous. He says he wants a beautiful girl who he can rule, "if I say the milk is black, she says okay". :blink:

There are only 4 episodes with English subs. :( Just when it was getting interesting.

When were they discussing valentine's day? And the women wont return to work? :unsure:

But oh man, the end of ep 2, the dad catches her and her friend talking to a boy and runs after her! Crazy man.

On the contrary, it means you can follow the story without requiring full or constant attention. Either way, I can't stand 90% of them. Some start well but they start to drag eventually because they want it to last as long as possible with the least amount of progress per episode.

They were talking about it in ep 3. I meant the lady philosophy teacher, they after she had a baby that she won't return to work.

I know that dad is kind of crazy right!!! I wonder what his problem is?

Going to post next ep's responses in a spoiler:

Oh man, he started to beat her and her psychologist comes to her rescue. I didn't know they lived in the same building.

And the weird female client is full on hitting on the married lawyer. Scary. :fear:

The dr. character is ridiculous. He says he wants a beautiful girl who he can rule, "if I say the milk is black, she says okay". :blink:

lol won't read the spolier, but I'll post my thoughts after watching the ep! :P

There are only 4 episodes with English subs. :( Just when it was getting interesting.

Dude! No way! that totally sucks. If I had time, I'd translate them for you! although, it would be a good way to test out your arabic!

They were talking about it in ep 3. I meant the lady philosophy teacher, they after she had a baby that she won't return to work.

I know that dad is kind of crazy right!!! I wonder what his problem is?

lol won't read the spolier, but I'll post my thoughts after watching the ep! :P

Dude! No way! that totally sucks. If I had time, I'd translate them for you! although, it would be a good way to test out your arabic!

:o You understand Arabic? When you watch episode 5. Sit on chat and translate every dialogue for me. :P