Maniac Muslim Forums

How can they know I have sent my CV to so many places? I dont think thats correct. The other day I was speaking to a JobCentre Advisor and he said they look for specific words in your CV with this auto thing and if it does have them then they look at it, otherwise they just ignore it. I've had my CV re-done a few days ago with this other lady, so inshaAllah, I will try sending that one now.

I should have explained this better - they can (generally speaking) pick generically worded applications, rather than applications that are highly tailored to their organisation.

I got my CV and Cover Letter checked and I was told its good. The lady changed a bit of my CV so inshaAllah I will have better responses now.

Ive joined a few job sites that send me e-mails about new jobs that I might be interested in but one I joined today is quite good for graduates.

www.milkround.com

Its got a lot of advice on it aswell so its helpful when people are applying for jobs.

Guest Fufu-Xiawoun

Hah, I just joined that looked at the UCAS points required for everyjob and wanted to send an e-slap to the lot of em. Saalay kameenay ki aulaad. :mad:

Hah, I just joined that looked at the UCAS points required for everyjob and wanted to send an e-slap to the lot of em. Saalay kameenay ki aulaad. :mad:

Oh man, dont look at those. Were you looking at the courses part?

But you know a lot of recruiters dont mind if you have less as long as you have experience.

Guest Fufu-Xiawoun

Oh man, dont look at those. Were you looking at the courses part?

But you know a lot of recruiters dont mind if you have less as long as you have experience.

Nei, I was looking for jobs. Blud, if you don't even that, then what.... I was looking for window cleaning jobs, but you need a flippin' van for that too, where am i gonna get one of them from eh

Guest Fufu-Xiawoun

InshaAllah blud, inshaAllah. Yknow, i'm gonna apply anyway, when I get the time, YA NEVER KNOW IF YA NEVER TRY. Maybe some Allah ka bunda, will have pity on me and offer me a job!

-_-

Oh well surely you must have an equivalent? Sucks for u otherwise!

Actually, I'm pretty sure craigslist operates globally

Wait wait wait, it does have sections for other cities, I just didnt realise lol.

But, it doesnt have many jobs on there. The sectors I looked at only had 1 or 2 jobs and some of them were in different places, for e.g I found one job in USA being advertised in the East Midlands section.

Nah those jobs are crazy. It really works based on if people use it or not. So i guess nobody uses it there. Maybe you have another uK site that people use?