Maniac Muslim Forums

I have a couple of friends with masters degrees... They're still looking for jobs too..it's not really the best kind of investment unless the place you already work at will guarantee you a pstgrad level job if you complete the training. That's my opinion atm anyway. Guess it could change depending if you plan to move around later or something.

Oh, it seems like you need to be veryyy brainy. But there are so many people into engineering, must be something interesting in it.

I do like Maths though, it was one of my fave subjects once upon a time.

Is it bad down there too?

I would do postgrad but I cant afford it at the moment :(

It's pretty bad, especially in my town and in the field I want to work in. I'm doing my postgrad in something different from my major but inshaAllah together they'll earn me a good job.

17 days of work left, from which I intend on skiving 2, so that makes it 15 days of work. But I haven't found another job yet :(

Gambo. I hate voluntary work. Particularly at a time when you need money. But honestly, to gain experience, that's the best way to do it. Especially as most places require experience.

Tell me what you're looking for, and i'll help you insha'Allah.

I'm working off a speeding ticket so the lady at the place I'm doing community service at was somehow really impressed by me just for being proactive about completing my hours, she kept saying "you're good" "wow, you're so good" and then randomly in the middle of me just standing there chatting with her (on the clock!) she's like "oh I'd love to give you a work reference if you ever want one." and I was like sure thanks. Later on, I realize there's no way I'd want a reference for doing a desk job (short of losing my sanity or home).

i had two interviews today, the first one was awkward, i think i took the eye contact ting way too seriously cos i just started at her, not even sure if blinked mnay times. lol. i answered most of the questions then she asked me 'whats special about me/what makes me stand out from everyone else' and i was like 'errrr...nothing' i was facepalming on the inside.

second one was much much better, i spoke properly, answered everything etc, and was asked to come back tomorrow for the second interview, so its all good buuuut this company promotes other companies, mainly banks so im not sure if it 100% halal, cos bank = riba, riba = very haram, and promoting something haram probably isnt good, right? and i dunno, there wouldnt be any barakah in the job/money right? maybe im thinking about it the wrong way, i dunno.

Gambo. I hate voluntary work. Particularly at a time when you need money. But honestly, to gain experience, that's the best way to do it. Especially as most places require experience.

Tell me what you're looking for, and i'll help you insha'Allah.

sorry for not replying earlier, i just saw this now.

i did volunteer at a charity shop, twas okay, long and tiring but i assume most jobs are like that.

i dont think im gonna volunteer anywhere else tbh,i'll see how it goes.

thanks though :D:flower:

i had two interviews today, the first one was awkward, i think i took the eye contact ting way too seriously cos i just started at her, not even sure if blinked mnay times. lol. i answered most of the questions then she asked me 'whats special about me/what makes me stand out from everyone else' and i was like 'errrr...nothing' i was facepalming on the inside.

That's kinda how my first interview went! I was struggling to answer that same question, cos the lady wanted me to say more than just honest, hard working and stuff. Every other question was aight and i got a text sayin I got the job a few days later :grin:

Yeap you have to pay. And yeah, try and reorganise the interview, but if they insist, just tell your tutor beforehand and they should be cool with it. I missed a significant amount of time doing interviews for jobs, but tutors love that you get interviews so they're more likely to help out.

That's kinda how my first interview went! I was struggling to answer that same question, cos the lady wanted me to say more than just honest, hard working and stuff. Every other question was aight and i got a text sayin I got the job a few days later :grin:

Masha'allah bro thats awesome :D