Maniac Muslim Forums
sundayschool

Inspirational Quotations

"There are a lot of ways to get lost. Just because something is 'halal', doesn't mean you can't lose yourself in it. There's nothing 'haram' about swimming in the ocean. But if the ocean is all you see, and you get so deep into it that you lose sight of shore... you drown".

- Yasmin Mogahed

"If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the city of God which had been shown! But every night come out these envoys of beauty, and light the universe with their admonishing smile."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"For those that treat women like villains, those that cant appreciate all that was given/ they're Mentally stricken with a severe sickness/ Brain dead men that refuse to listen/ and for all those women suffering affliction, My heart goes to you and your children/ Cause theres nothing worse than living with short sided vision/ But just have faith, something better for you was written/" -- Shareef Abdul Hafeez

Thats right, Im quoting myself..problem?

This is pretty inspirational to me:

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability - Oscar Wilde

And obviously,

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love - Charlie Brown

For a moment she rediscovered the purpose of her life. She was here on earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and to call each thing by its right name, or, if this were not within her power, to give birth out of love for life to successors who would do it in her place.”

Boris Pasternak

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent,

who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

{Anaïs Nin}

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is related that Wakee' ibn Al-Jarrah said, "One day, the mother of Sufyaan Ath-Thauree said to (young) Sufyan, 'O my son! Seek out knowledge, and I will, with my spinning wheel, provide enough for you to live on. O my son, when you have written down ten Ahaadeeth, look and see if you notice an improvement in the way you walk, in your level of patience, and in your degree of self-dignity. For if you do not see any such improvement, then know that your knowledge harms you and does not benefit you.'"

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. ~Gilda Radner

Go ahead, work hard and never be afraid to try something. Even if you don't make it, at least you can say you tried. ~ Guy Lafleur, NHL Legend.

By the way, I've always thought the latter of those two quotes to be deeper than most people realize. See, curiosity is a cat. Thus what happened was not mere curiosity - it was murder. They rarely teach you that part in textbooks.

By the way, I've always thought the latter of those two quotes to be deeper than most people realize. See, curiosity is a cat. Thus what happened was not mere curiosity - it was murder. They rarely teach you that part in textbooks.

Curiosity is a cat....so cat killed the cat.......cat man slaughter! :o

1st degree murder, you mean 1st PEDIgree murder :o

No but I kid, thanks for that insightful post Moose, it really gave me PAWS for thought :idiot:

Btw is this curiosity? :hmm:

l.jpg