Maniac Muslim Forums
sundayschool

Inspirational Quotations

All good feelings come from love. All negative feelings come from a lack of love. How you feel about each subject in your life is an exact reflection of what you have been giving out in each subject. Life isn't happening to you- life is responding to you. Every subject of your life is your call and you make the call on everything in life by what you give.

From here (interesting short read): http://positive-thoughts.typepad.com/

Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Hmmm isn't that kind of uninspiring? Isn't it better to at least try?

The guy I've quoted in the post below says you should try, Yoda says don't.....sometimes inspiring quotes get so confusing :huh:

Go ahead, work hard and never be afraid to try something. Even if you don't make it, at least you can say you tried. ~ Guy Lafleur, NHL Legend.

"It is not the greatness of a man's means that makes him independent, so much as the smallness of his wants." -- William Cobbett

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." -- Marcel Proust

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." - Oscar Wilde

"We would never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." - Helen Keller

Hmmm isn't that kind of uninspiring? Isn't it better to at least try?

The guy I've quoted in the post below says you should try, Yoda says don't.....sometimes inspiring quotes get so confusing :huh:

I think in this case, 'doing' is a form of trying with passion. And just 'try' is something done with less passion. Not sure if that makes sense lol

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."

- Bob Marley

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

~ Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer), in his final unscripted speech from Blade Runner. One of the best Sci-Fi films ever.