Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rasmalai

-SHERLOCK (BBC)-

I haven't seen it yet!! I caught up with the first one yesterday. So many unanswered questions! Hope to watch it tonight!

The final episode for this season is over and it was phenomenol! Love this show. The twists and turns keeps you guessing. I hope the other season isn't too far off.

Original Sherlock had a depression problem. I think removing that quality is a bad move.

Original Sherlock had a depression problem. I think removing that quality is a bad move.

I think it was more of antisocial behavior rather than depression. He always seemed happy in his aloneness.

I think it was more of antisocial behavior rather than depression. He always seemed happy in his aloneness.

in the books he had manic depression. Among all the problems he had, depression was the biggest struggle, so much so that he was often on the verge of suicide, only to be saved by some new big case. Anti-social tendencies is secondary symptoms.

I liked the random dubstep during beer drinking scenes.

Delayed action stabbing was nonsense. Might as well use a dwarf crawling through air vents, shooting frozen blood darts.

I liked the random dubstep during beer drinking scenes.

Delayed action stabbing was nonsense. Might as well use a dwarf crawling through air vents, shooting frozen blood darts.

Surely they would have felt something piercing their organs or flesh right? I didn't get that either. the last episode was alot darker than that second episode. the second episode was all lovey dovey

It's raining, it's pouring, #Sherlock is boring. What an episode. We knew he was never going to be in exile for long. In the books Watson married more than once so don't get why he stuck with Mary after all that.

Overrated show Luther is far better tbh

They're sorta a different style of story though, no? I like Luther too, but they're done with the main series. Film should be good though.

They're sorta a different style of story though, no? I like Luther too, but they're done with the main series. Film should be good though.

Yeah but they're both detective shows. I didn't like the latest season of Luther it was also underwhelming. I hope the film is done well at least.

I liked the humour in Sherlock and the portrayal of John Watson. But the plots and cliffhangers were underwhelming - the reliance on plot devices like a 'mind palace' for example, the way Moriarty was dealt with etc.

Below is a nice video essay about why this version of Sherlock sucks. Having read the books myself, I always found them to be far better for the simple reason that in those he isn't presented as some superhuman genius but just as a dude who has mastered the art of observation. There was always a good reasoning behind his conclusions and but he was never infallible (there's a whole story where he completely makes the wrong judgement.)

I always felt that with enough patience and practice someone smart enough could come pretty close to being at Sherlocks level because at the end of the day all he did was observe his surroundings. I haven't read the books in a while so maybe this is my imagination as a kid taking over.

In contrast, the TV series is somewhat pretentious and a little bit up itself. Granted I never really watched it and only came across a few episodes, but it always had the same tone as S.Moffats Dr Who. Now granted, there probably is a bit of confirmation bias in this video essay, but watch (for only 5 minutes) at 29:23 and you'll know exactly what I am on about.