Maniac Muslim Forums
The One

Dua'a for TheCoolSideofthePillow

I wasn't able to log into MM for the past few days but was able to follow what was happening.

Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

I couldn't sleep. I honestly feel emotionally and physically drained.

I'm sitting here replaying all these events in my head, the ironic part is that this Friday gone I did a khutbah on death but the reality of death has only just dawned on me.

I think the most important lesson he ever taught me was, we are all capable of change through Islam. If you knew his story before he became a practicing brother your jaws would be on the floor.

I think the most important lesson he ever taught me was, we are all capable of change through Islam. If you knew his story before he became a practicing brother your jaws would be on the floor.

And he did it in such a short space of time too. Like the following hadith:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud: Allah's Apostle, pbuh said, "A man amongst you may do (good deeds till there is only a cubit between him and Paradise and then what has been written for him decides his behavior and he starts doing (evil) deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire. And similarly a man amongst you may do (evil) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and the (Hell) Fire, and then what has been written for him decides his behavior, and he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise."

May Allah grant him Firdous.

This guy was huge, he was well over 6ft and built like a tank, when he was healthier we went to the gym and he says to me, "just a quick warm up, then we'll get started"... his idea of a 'quick warm up' was upright rows, romanian dead lifts, bicep curls and jump squats. Thats an entire week of excercises for me.

My mind was hurting just trying to visualize this:-

"yeah I love working out, it's a great start to the day and also a sunnah!

lol! I would usually get up at about 6am and jog down to the gym which is about 2 miles away, I would try and sprint the last 1/2 mile. When I got to the gym I would warm up by dping '21's'. Which is a set of excercises with 21 reps. I would use light weight (coz it's a warm up) so typically 21 reps of bicep curls with 15kg, 21 squat jumps with about 120kg, 21 reverses crunches, 21 romanian lift with about 60 kg, 21 tricep extensions with about 10-15 kg. No breaks in betwee, so all of that should take about 10-15 minutes in total.

Then I'd start my workout, then warm down by jogging back home again. Core training was a lot different though."

I couldn't sleep. I honestly feel emotionally and physically drained.

I'm sitting here replaying all these events in my head, the ironic part is that this Friday gone I did a khutbah on death but the reality of death has only just dawned on me.

This is why I thought he was a convert, but then he explained it to me. When people make me happy or laugh I just want to be around them all the time. It was later that I learned how smart he was. He really knew a lot about Islam and was willing to share. In one of his last messages to me he said something like; Allah leads those whom he chooses to Islam, I was just lucky enough to get to be a part of it. His point was that he didn't do anything Allah did it all and he was just an observer. I knew where he was going with it, but how pure is his heart not exploit his choice to reach out and help me? Masha Allah he was very helpful... r-z too has been helpful,

lol! I would usually get up at about 6am and jog down to the gym which is about 2 miles away, I would try and sprint the last 1/2 mile. When I got to the gym I would warm up by dping '21's'. Which is a set of excercises with 21 reps. I would use light weight (coz it's a warm up) so typically 21 reps of bicep curls with 15kg, 21 squat jumps with about 120kg, 21 reverses crunches, 21 romanian lift with about 60 kg, 21 tricep extensions with about 10-15 kg. No breaks in betwee, so all of that should take about 10-15 minutes in total.

Then I'd start my workout, then warm down by jogging back home again. Core training was a lot different though."

Whaaa?

MashAllah, SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah- I am so overtaken by what this last page of comments has made me feel, that I don't know in which way to best praise Allah! Oh, I just got it, yah that's right: ALLAH AKBAR!

I just love every post in here. I love hearing more about Nadeem; his personality and beautiful character shine through the stories of him, and quotes of things he said. I've smiled so much reading the last batch of comments, and even though my heart aches, it is as much from the sweetness of love as it is for the sadness of loss.

Pistache, your last post went through me on so many levels. JazackAllah khair for your beautiful and eloquent description of how Nadeem's death has affected you personally, and us as a group. That was really beautiful to read, may Allah reward you with even greater understanding, and guide you even more to the Straight Path, ameen.

Nadeem's passing from this world to the next served as a major wake-up call to many of us, myself included. Despite how much physical pain he went through due to his illness, and the many hardships he had endured throughout his life, he never complained. He gave praise to Allah, and he glorified Allah with his good character, which was that of a sincere believer, one who praises Allah in times of hardship as easily as in times of ease. May Allah give Nadeem comfort and shower him with His Mercy, and May Allah love him and give him shelter on the Day of Judgement, ameen.

Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. Reading the thread just made me cry so much even though I never really spoke to Nadeem; besides that one time he suggested that I make chicken for dinner during a conversation in chat. I never got around to doing it, but inshaAllah soon. My duas are with him and his family.

WOW

thats a months(if not more) workout for me.

MashAllah, SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah- I am so overtaken by what this last page of comments has made me feel, that I don't know in which way to best praise Allah! Oh, I just got it, yah that's right: ALLAH AKBAR!

I just love every post in here. I love hearing more about Nadeem; his personality and beautiful character shine through the stories of him, and quotes of things he said. I've smiled so much reading the last batch of comments, and even though my heart aches, it is as much from the sweetness of love as it is for the sadness of loss.

Pistache, your last post went through me on so many levels. JazackAllah khair for your beautiful and eloquent description of how Nadeem's death has affected you personally, and us as a group. That was really beautiful to read, may Allah reward you with even greater understanding, and guide you even more to the Straight Path, ameen.

Nadeem's passing from this world to the next served as a major wake-up call to many of us, myself included. Despite how much physical pain he went through due to his illness, and the many hardships he had endured throughout his life, he never complained. He gave praise to Allah, and he glorified Allah with his good character, which was that of a sincere believer, one who praises Allah in times of hardship as easily as in times of ease. May Allah give Nadeem comfort and shower him with His Mercy, and May Allah love him and give him shelter on the Day of Judgement, ameen.

Madame Chatons, waiyak and Ameen to the beautiful duas! Wish you the same and much more inchAllah!

I should be the one thanking you for I was debating myself on making it known,

Al hamdoulilah I'm glad Allah s.w.t has facilitate it,

and it means a lot to me that you state so, your post/respond is a touch of softness which brought some peace of mind,

May Allah s.w.t bless you.

May Allah swt forgive his sins, unite him with his wife, and grant him a high place in jannah. May Allah also grant his family and friends sabr to deal with the loss - Ameen

I never knew the brother but from what everyone's been posting, he really must have been a great guy to have had such an effect on so many people over a short period of time.