Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

For Nadeem 'Cool Side' Jones

Sadaqah Jariyah for Nadeem 'Cool Side' Jones  

38 members have voted

1. 1. POLL CLOSED! Alhamdulillah, with 79% of the votes, we will be going for a deep community well in Africa (Somalia, Gambia, Senegal or Sudan) costing £2500 to install insha'Allah. Keep donations coming and spread the world pretty please :)

• Yay alhamdulillah!
    • YAY alhamdulillah!

I'm thinking the community well will help more people?

Or maybe the well in Africa will, since its more expensive so I'm assuming is bigger?

I'm thinking the community well will help more people?

Or maybe the well in Africa will, since its more expensive so I'm assuming is bigger?

A community well, or a well in Africa. InshaAllah.

Please do vote :)

Yes the well in Africa are bigger installations- they serve 25-30 families and are drilled deeper in the ground than handpumps. I am also leaning on a community well in Africa myself because the fundraising target seems more realistic and it is a good number of people to reach.

The general principle with all those options (very sorry for the obvious statement to follow) is that the more we raise, the more people it will serve. However, I am also cautious about setting achievable targets and getting the project underway with minimal time-delay so Nadeem can start benefitting from the work as soon as possible insha'Allah.

Mogambo- please read post #5 for info on which projects would help more people insha'Allah :)

Oh btw, how does this work if we're donating from outside the UK? Will they just charge us the same amount in dollars, at whatever the exchange rate is?

thanks Zimarina.

if the well in Africa will help more people, then thats what we'll do insha'allah.

question - someone pm'd me asking how they can help but she's not from uk, how can non uk-ers donate?

edit - can people pay through paypal? as far as i know its an international thing so non uk-ers can donate through that, right?

Oh btw, how does this work if we're donating from outside the UK? Will they just charge us the same amount in dollars, at whatever the exchange rate is?

question - someone pm'd me asking how they can help but she's not from uk, how can non uk-ers donate?

edit - can people pay through paypal? as far as i know its an international thing so non uk-ers can donate through that, right?

You can donate internationally no problem- when I was making the page, I set it as an 'international' event so you can either pay through the usual Visa/Mastercard/whatever- or you can pay by PayPal. It'll just automatically convert the amount and add it to the ongoing 'money raised' in Stirling.

if the well in Africa will help more people, then thats what we'll do insha'allah.

Mogambo- of the wells, the Africa one is the largest installation. What would help the MOST amount of people however would be the £15k water system for the girl's college in Pakistan- however I don't know if that's an achievable fundraising goal to ask people to focus on..

yeah i don't think the 15k is realistic, although it is a really good cause. most of us on here are poor students. a few are working full-time.

another question: what do i put in the "County" section? my province? ontario?

sorry for asking dumb questions but i just don't want to mess this up.