Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

For Nadeem 'Cool Side' Jones

Sadaqah Jariyah for Nadeem 'Cool Side' Jones  

38 members have voted

1. 1. POLL CLOSED! Alhamdulillah, with 79% of the votes, we will be going for a deep community well in Africa (Somalia, Gambia, Senegal or Sudan) costing £2500 to install insha'Allah. Keep donations coming and spread the world pretty please :)

• Yay alhamdulillah!
    • YAY alhamdulillah!

Chesty: Message replied!

Faerie: That's the spirit :) I know it sounds like the biggest cliche in the book, but every amount given really counts. Reminds me of the hadith to save yourself from Jahannam even if it is by half a date given sincerely. And we can all afford half a date! And hey, who knows- you have unwittingly got some sadaqah written for your dad too on his record of deeds insha'Allah :)

One thing I did want to say (apologies for all the posting) is that whenever you think of it on the money front, remember Nadeem and remember the impact he made on us all and that he really deserves the little solace we may be able to offer him now.

Giving charity is not to lose anything, it is merely to pay it forward into the aakhirah where Allah will have it waiting for you multiplied many times over in deeds.

Think about what it means to really love for your brother what you love for yourself. Imagine if you were in Nadeem's place right now- in the grave, during your questioning, alone and only with your deeds to protect you. What would you want more than anything but for there to be some sadaqah jariyah written for you to give you that little bit of succour. Do it for him, pray Allah accepts it from us and make du'a that insha'Allah upon our own passing there will be people who we have effected enough who are willing to do this- and more- for us.

“Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public have their reward with their Rabb (only God and Sustainer). On them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.” (Qur‘an, 2:274)

Chesty: Message replied!

Faerie: That's the spirit :) I know it sounds like the biggest cliche in the book, but every amount given really counts. Reminds me of the hadith to save yourself from Jahannam even if it is by half a date given sincerely. And we can all afford half a date! And hey, who knows- you have unwittingly got some sadaqah written for your dad too on his record of deeds insha'Allah :)

Every little bit will add up to a huge amount inshallah. And yeh I love my dad for helping me out in my time of need, inshallah when I have money again I will return the favour. I already have some ideas lol.

It's not building a college, it's building a water system for the students of the college. Virgin Money Giving is very reliable- have you heard of JustGiving? It's on par with that except they do not take any money for admin (it was Richard Branson's 'free alternative' for fundraising). I work in a Fundraising dept and our policy is always encourage donors who are doing events/online fundraising to use Virgin over JustGiving. Because we are all spread across the world, there is no real alternative to doing online payments if we want to get this off the ground. Otherwise, you can do a bank transfer in person (still international) at your local bank into my account and I can donate online with my Paypal/Card.

Oh right. I just reread the options again. Not sure where I got college from but the idea did appeal to me. I'll speak to my mom this weekend about it, inshallah.

I do think Musa's suggestion is good. We can collect the money first and then based on how much we get we can decide on what we want to do with it. Unless you'd rather have a goal to reach.

I think that its good to have a goal to reach. It will keep us focused and have something to aim for. Personally I am biased because its a well in Africa -_-

But, yeh if we have a goal then we can strive to reach that goal and then we will definitely aim high. If we each try to get mroe support from this from outside of MM, then inshaAllah we will raise the money.

Could Hamzah try and promote it a bit on his MM fb page? I've posted the link on my fb and my twitter, but realistically speaking from my side and the people I know I don't know how successful that will be, but its there for people to see and ask about if they wish to.

Do you think that we could approach iDeen magazine to get 'publicity' as it were in their next issue or they could put up something on their fb page or on the website?

400 already. That's pretty good! Guess I'll be proven wrong, insha'Allah :)

btw, the donation page doesn't say the actual cause... shouldn't that be included Zim?

yeah before i start advertising it, i'll need more details because people are going to ask.

which charity is the money going to?

are the donations tax deductible? (for those living outside of the UK)

and i also don't want to go telling people until we've formally agreed on which project the money is going toward.

Seven people who will be in the shade of God's Throne on Resurrection Day

سبعة فی ظل عرش الله عز و جل یوم لا ظل إلا ظله: إمام عادل و شاب نشأ فی عبادة الله عز وجل ورجل تصدق بیمینه فأخفاه عن شماله و رجل ذکر الله عز و جل خالیا ففاضت عیناه من خشیة الله عز و جل و رجل لقی أخاه المؤمن فقال: إنی لاحبک فی الله عز و جل و رجل خرج من المسجد وفی نیته أن یرجع إلیه و رجل دعته امرأة ذات جمال إلی نفسها فقال: إنی أخاف الله رب العالمین.

Seven people will be in the Shade of God, the Honourable and Exalted 's Throne on the day in which there is no shade except for His Shade: just leaders, young people who have grown up in the worship of God, men who give charity in private such that even their left hands do not realize what they gave with their right hands (stressing the fact that they give charity in such a way that no one else sees it), men who remember God, the Honorable and Exalted when they are alone and cry due to fear of God, the Honourable and Exalted, men who upon seeing their believing brethren say, 'I like you for the sake of God, the Honorable and Exalted ', men who intend to return to the Mosque whenever they leave it, men who when enticed by a beautiful woman do not accept her invitation and say that they fear the Lord of all the worlds.”