Maniac Muslim Forums

Dude, I am your friend but paki drama :no: tsk tsk the racist in me comes out! Gambon said its like eastenders. I cannot support that :no:

by saying its like eatsenders i meant that its a) a soap 2) a waste of time c) cringeworthy to watch d) possibly worse than eastenders cos its in urdu.

by saying its like eatsenders i meant that its a) a soap 2) a waste of time c) cringeworthy to watch d) possibly worse than eastenders cos its in urdu.

And this is why I cannot support it -_-

ok Im fine with whatever you said but dont call my Urdu dramas are the best okay :P I have to support my drama industry :P

I had no idea what humsafar was until I saw a parody of it on a friend's FB page; here it is:

xD

After watching the video, I got the whole plot of the drama and yes it is a bit lame

^lol the bloopers are the funniest part! The actors keep laughing out at everything XD

Keena, it may sound lame to you, but those stories are very real in Pakistan..

I'm sorry to say this but no.

:lol:

I had no idea what humsafar was until I saw a parody of it on a friend's FB page; here it is:

xD

After watching the video, I got the whole plot of the drama and yes it is a bit lame

Just watching that and it's hilarious so far. I hate roney-dhoney wale dramey (dramas which have a lot of cribbing and crying in them).

Never heard of this thing. Must be a very Paki thing. Another thing that proves that Indian and Pakistani culture is quite different. -_-

That SERIOUSLY offends me! :o

It's a good show. It's not crap like most Indian shows. The acting is good, the plot is fine and it's not over the top and so not cringe worthy. One of the reasons I like it IS 'cuz it's in urdu and urdu is an awesome language and they speak it perfectly.

An article on "Humsafar" however...er, no.

That SERIOUSLY offends me! :o

It's a good show. It's not crap like most Indian shows. The acting is good, the plot is fine and it's not over the top and so not cringe worthy. One of the reasons I like it IS 'cuz it's in urdu and urdu is an awesome language and they speak it perfectly.

An article on "Humsafar" however...er, no.

Really? The spoof made the show sound as crap as any Indian show if not more.

There are only 3 Indian shows that I semi-like. I don't know the names of any of them. :P

One show is about child marriages in India and the result of it. A girl and guy are married as children. The guy grows up, becomes a dr. and falls in love with a classmate. He tells her he's divorced (not sure if they are) and gets married to her. Now the first wife feels distressed because she's been abandoned and she's uneducated. The second wife feels constantly threatened because of her husband's first wife and the husband is distressed because he now feels affection for both wives. There are a lot of other issues also being addressed in the show which is why I like it. Unlike other dramas which drag plots, this one is more realistic.

Second show is about a husband and wife who are both lawyers. Husband is an accomplished one and wife is new to the scene. A jealous lady who is in love with the husband manages to somehow pit both husband and wife against each other on the same case. She also messes with the evidence the husband finds for his case and he feels his wife has taken it. In the mean time, the lady tries to become the husband's confidant. The wife discovers she's been fighting for the wrong side and eventually helps the husband win thus dissolving their problems and any mistrust. Haven't seen it regularly but it's a nice show. Not too much emotional drama.

Third show is more terrifying and disturbing. Haven't seen much like the others but the story so far is that a lady is married to a man who has a very suspicious nature. He suspects the wife and her friend (who also likes her) are secretly meeting each other behind his back and nearly burns her with a hot iron. But after a few mins of disturbing anger he completely flips and becomes extremely loving to the point of suffocating. When he learns that his wife is pregnant, he sets an alarm to go off for her to do things like drink certain "healthy" blends he has prepared or to be asleep at a particular time and he sets up cameras around the house to make sure she follows through. Last episode I happened to see is that he used to be jealous of his sister so his treatment of her drove her mad. lol. Doesn't sounds very appealing but the point behind the show is trying to tell families to not ignore their daughters after they get married.

Really? The spoof made the show sound as crap as any Indian show if not more.

There are only 3 Indian shows that I semi-like. I don't know the names of any of them. :P

One show is about child marriages in India and the result of it. A girl and guy are married as children. The guy grows up, becomes a dr. and falls in love with a classmate. He tells her he's divorced (not sure if they are) and gets married to her. Now the first wife feels distressed because she's been abandoned and she's uneducated. The second wife feels constantly threatened because of her husband's first wife and the husband is distressed because he now feels affection for both wives. There are a lot of other issues also being addressed in the show which is why I like it. Unlike other dramas which drag plots, this one is more realistic.

Second show is about a husband and wife who are both lawyers. Husband is an accomplished one and wife is new to the scene. A jealous lady who is in love with the husband manages to somehow pit both husband and wife against each other on the same case. She also messes with the evidence the husband finds for his case and he feels his wife has taken it. In the mean time, the lady tries to become the husband's confidant. The wife discovers she's been fighting for the wrong side and eventually helps the husband win thus dissolving their problems and any mistrust. Haven't seen it regularly but it's a nice show. Not too much emotional drama.

Third show is more terrifying and disturbing. Haven't seen much like the others but the story so far is that a lady is married to a man who has a very suspicious nature. He suspects the wife and her friend (who also likes her) are secretly meeting each other behind his back and nearly burns her with a hot iron. But after a few mins of disturbing anger he completely flips and becomes extremely loving to the point of suffocating. When he learns that his wife is pregnant, he sets an alarm to go off for her to do things like drink certain "healthy" blends he has prepared or to be asleep at a particular time and he sets up cameras around the house to make sure she follows through. Last episode I happened to see is that he used to be jealous of his sister so his treatment of her drove her mad. lol. Doesn't sounds very appealing but the point behind the show is trying to tell families to not ignore their daughters after they get married.

Lol isn't that what parodies are supposed to do? :P You gotta watch the show.

I have no idea about any Indian shows. I can't sit through them, I don't even try. I really like "Humsafar" though. I like Pakistani dramas. The older ones were sha-mazing. Plus, URDU. <3

EDIT : blueberry's right, I'm so freakin' Paki. -_-

lol, maybe but I can't relate to Urdu dramas. My Urdu isn't of that level. Plus, I've studied in Hindi and Indian TV dramas don't use pure Hindi anyway so it's easier to understand for all. I only remember liking one Paki drama which is kabachcha. Even that I don't recall the storyline. :P

Really?! I can only ever relate to Urdu dramas 'cuz of the whole Muslim desi cultural similarity I guess.

KHAABBAAACCHHAA! :D Except Khabacha was a character in th show "Ankahee", no?

Ankahi was this really hilarious show? You talking about that Rosie?

P.S. The Khabacha guy plays the dad in Humsafar. :P