Maniac Muslim Forums
Haku

Understanding Poetry

Yo why can't you talk to me straight up? Use words like "you" instead of saying my name like I'm not reading this...Talk about how I whine I don't mind but as long as your scared to talk to me seriously about it your gunna keep hearing it from me cause I don't hide behind my words like you do

because i wasn't talking to you. World doesn't revolve around you, you know?

If you want to talk to me, talk in your thread. you have done enough to destroy this thread already.

Okay folks, this is going no where. r-z and Writeous, please try to resolve this in the PMs. The rest of you, please give them this space to try and resolve it in this duration. We are going to try and start over. Some posts are being moved to a second thread, posts will be edited by me so that it is ON TOPIC and we can end this discord, inshaAllah.

Let's use our love for poetry reunite us.

Writeous and r-z have at it. Nobody else post cos you WILL be snipped. It's better to let it all out than bottle it up. No shots below the belt and keep it clean. Listen to my instructions at all times. Touch gloves and move to your corners.

because i wasn't talking to you. World doesn't revolve around you, you know?

If you want to talk to me, talk in your thread. you have done enough to destroy this thread already.

What are you talking about? this thread was perfectly fine before you stuck your neck in it and pointing your crocked finger in my direction...would you not have replied with your dumb comment this thread would have been fine without it...but you chose to start a conflict and probably didnt think i'd retaliate the way i did...but trust me im not afraid to let you know that i have zero respect for you or your opinion

Writeous and r-z have at it. Nobody else post cos you WILL be snipped. It's better to let it all out than bottle it up. No shots below the belt and keep it clean. Listen to my instructions at all times. Touch gloves and move to your corners.

wait?! who decided this? I don't want to waste my time on futile stuff. Silly Molly! (see that rhymed! POETRY!)

What are you talking about? this thread was perfectly fine before you stuck your neck in it and pointing your crocked finger in my direction...would you not have replied with your dumb comment this thread would have been fine without it...but you chose to start a conflict and probably didnt think i'd retaliate the way i did...but trust me im not afraid to let you know that i have zero respect for you or your opinion

maybe you are just upset because once I started posting real poetry, you lost your spotlight.

While I could engage in this futile argumentation, I choose not to. Partly because I simply don't care for it. And partly because you are a muslim. Also, i don't really care for your respect and such.

I am going to leave this thread with a salam.

Salam!

wait?! who decided this? I don't want to waste my time on futile stuff. Silly Molly! (see that rhymed! POETRY!)

maybe you are just upset because once I started posting real poetry, you lost your spotlight.

While I could engage in this futile argumentation, I choose not to. Partly because I simply don't care for it. And partly because you are a muslim. Also, i don't really care for your respect and such.

I am going to leave this thread with a salam.

Salam!

It was decided by the wisemen of MM

And I invite you to post YOUR poetry..I encourage it..because unlike you I'm a fan of real poetry and enjoy reading the things people come up with...I can give you a whole list of MMers who PMed me their personal poetry and I enjoy giving them real criticism and letting them know my thoughts....so I have no problem with you posting your poetry...steal my spotlight? What is this a popularity contest? Grow up...your the one that doesn't like my "rhyming style" but your acting like this is a rap beef...

And you wanna talk about Muslim? Then you should be the one wanting to seek my forgiveness for the dumb things you've said...trust me when I say no body thinks your acting intelligently so get over it

On 2/10/2012 at 3:07 PM, Catfish Bobby said:

I don't understand what credentials r-z has which allow him to define what is poetry and what it isn't; other than some obsession with being some type of pseudo-intellectual, pretentiously reading 10th century Japanese poetry.

What makes me laugh even more is the fact that despite his self proclaimed love for poetry, I really don't think he has a clue. Poetry has it's own structures and nuances and language. Def poetry is different to Shakespearean poetry. Spoken word is different to Slam poetry. Someone who truly understands poetry/art would know that.

Secondly, its all about perspective, poetry largely depends on the interaction of the audience. I can appreciate Shakespeare as much as Nas by taking the experiences they talk about and make them my own. Its like Saul Williams said:

“They say that I am a poet

I wonder what they would say if they saw me from the inside I bottle

emotions and place them into the sea for others to unbottle on

distant shores I am unsure as to whether they ever reach and for

that matter as to whether I ever get my point across

or my love”

What he's saying is, my poetry is like my camera lens to the world. If we all saw the same thing, we wouldn't have a need for poetry or art.

That's all I'm going to say, I'm not interested in debating what is and what is not poetry with. So, that is all from me.

I quote this for poetry references. 

Also, Catfish Bobby you are missed as I missed your posts.

1 hour ago, superman said:

That argument was funny lol

I vaguely remember it.

I do not remember reading whole threads at all.