Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hamzah

Question: Can I delete my account?

No. You can't. We have a policy on MM not to delete any accounts.

If you want to leave, then ask a friend to change your password.

Thank you.

I mean, aside from policy - technically could you delete an account if you wanted to? Like is the facility there.

Also - how come MM has a no account deletion policy? Jus curious...

I almosted fainted thinking Hamzah wanted to delete his account :o

Just ask a mod to change your username and password and then you'll never get back on it and no one will know you posted that, if you're worried about someone googling your anme or whatever and posts coming up.

I mean, aside from policy - technically could you delete an account if you wanted to? Like is the facility there.

Also - how come MM has a no account deletion policy? Jus curious...

we could. but we won't.

it can mess up the database and hence the forum.

I almosted fainted thinking Hamzah wanted to delete his account :o

Just ask a mod to change your username and password and then you'll never get back on it and no one will know you posted that, if you're worried about someone googling your anme or whatever and posts coming up.

Seriously. I was like whaaaa? :lol:

Thank you Hamzah for posting this and clearing it up once and for all.

Not deleting accounts should also give people some responsibility. You're posting on the internet... you're leaving a virtual trail. You shouldn't be able to write a bunch of nonsense then one day be like "okay, push that button and make it all go away". People should learn some accountability with what they write online.

That's very true - online is how we communicate now, so you should take responsibility for that; makes sense. I also like reading old posts, looking for loopholes in my arguments, or even just wondering what some of the lost Maniacs are up to now. Some of the threads are a real blast from the past, I tells ya!

:hmm: I can think of one person who left and is back again. Just saying I agree. There is no need to delete an account. You don't want to be here leave. You don't like your post edit them, though I think you shouldn't). People go through different fazes in their lives. You adapt and change.

HAMZAH is very wise. Which is kind of shocking cause he is such a clown. Really who knew the class clown could be so smart? Thanks Hamzah

so my old username was my real first name (which is still somewhat obvious from my username, but still) and although it's not in my username or my own posts anymore, there are people who have used it in their posts when talking to me or about me. is there any possibility of replacing wherever it's been used with my current username or something? (i hope i'm making sense)

so my old username was my real first name (which is still somewhat obvious from my username, but still) and although it's not in my username or my own posts anymore, there are people who have used it in their posts when talking to me or about me. is there any possibility of replacing wherever it's been used with my current username or something? (i hope i'm making sense)

You can search your name and go through all the posts were ur name's been mentioned and ask those people to edit the post or a mod to edit it.

Not deleting accounts should also give people some responsibility. You're posting on the internet... you're leaving a virtual trail. You shouldn't be able to write a bunch of nonsense then one day be like "okay, push that button and make it all go away". People should learn some accountability with what they write online.

Some of us joined at an age when we were dumb... :(

True - maybe make it clear when they are joining that all accounts are non deletable? Because on most forums you can delete 'em.

Doesn't really matter however, I'm not going anywhere for the forseeable future. (Quiet in the back!)