Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

A great adventure has begun

This is amazing news! Alf mabrook Zimi, my duas are with you and yours :) I was wondering how come you're spending so much time on MM, but didn't think this was the reason! Really happy for you, you and Mr Z will be great parents insha allah.

Also this means we can electronically share her milestones, I am particularly looking forward to seeing the first time she tries a lemon :D

SoubhanAllah! Madame Zimarina! :wow: May Allah swt protect and bless petite Sephora and your family.

You spelled it the French way :P lol I have 3 cousins by that name,

And once she grows you should take her France we have a huge stylish famouse

Shop named Sephora, she would feel as if it was made for her, lol I know my cousins did.

Mabrouk! And have a good rest. :D

Mashallah Zim!!! Congrats!!!!! I am soooo proud of you (:P) and sooo soooo happy for you. May Allah protect you and your lil bundle of joy from all evil and harm. May He make her the noor of your eyes and among the righteous people, Ameen. And I know you'll make an awesome mother inshallah :D

Please post a full pic of her? :D (If it's not a problem...)

Ameen my lahmacun delight! You must open a whole subforum in honour- I petition ye to petition the mods!

She looks forward to her crazy Aunt Murk-a-Turk teaching her all the ways of Old Country insha'Allah..

ALL the ways?? I thought she was a little young to learn about welfare fraud, but with your blessing, I'm SO on it, sis!

Veno, the reason there's not a full baby shot is because Sephora was born with a tail, like all human-cub hybrids. Don't expect a proper photo until she's a year old, that's traditionally when the tail falls off.

Wow.

I got sorta teary reading that.

I say this without exaggeration that you'll make a brilliant mother. I ask Allaah, the Merciful and Generous, raise her to have the honour to be amongst the mutaqeen and the mujahideen, and may He make her a means for you and your husband to enter Jannah al Firdaus. And may Allaah protect her from 'ayn, jinn and shayateen. Ameen ya rabb.

It always astounds me how some sisters manage to keep their pregnancies so hush. My mum has been the same with every baby she's had.

I know right? I would tell people, since they're gonna see me and be like errr should we mention it? Or is she just fat? Lol. It happened with my uncle's wife, and just a couple of weeks ago they finally told us she is pregnant, even though she has been walking around with a big baby bump for ages now lol.

Anyways, congrats Zimi! Mashallah. I was hoping I'd scroll down and see a whole pic of little Sephora lol, but the hand thing is cuuuute! Lovin the blankie.

SoubhanAllah! Madame Zimarina! :wow: May Allah swt protect and bless petite Sephora and your family.

You spelled it the French way :P lol I have 3 cousins by that name,

And once she grows you should take her France we have a huge stylish famouse

Shop named Sephora, she would feel as if it was made for her, lol I know my cousins did.

Mabrouk! And have a good rest. :D

When I saw Sephora, that's the first thing I thought of! It's a make-up store, right?

Ameen, ameen, ameen! Thank you so much Rosey- when you go through the whole journey of pregnancy and childbirth (!) there are few things you rely on as much as du'a to see you through! Did you know it was the 'rabbi inni maghlooban, fantasir' from your signature that I took and had on repeat mode? May Allah reward you for every time you enabled me to say it on that night. Ameen.

Ameen! Alhumdulillah! I'm so glad it benefited you. :dance: Hope you are getting enough rest. I was beginning to wonder where you disappeared to. But now I can't believe I missed meeting you and your tummy! :o

When I saw Sephora, that's the first thing I thought of! It's a make-up store, right?

Yep.

Aww, MashaAllah! I'm so happy for you! That is a beautiful picture and yes please post a full picture of her as Veno mentioned! Great choice of name, I love the name Sephora. :)

May Allah protect you all from evil and harm. Congratulations ukhti! :D

Ameen to all the duas!

*sigh* seems like it was only yesterday that you were wreaking havoc on MM with your temporary mod powers, and now you're all grown up and having a baby :cry:

Sephora is the Greek spelling of the Hebrew Tzipporah- which strangely seemed closer to the Arabic spelling of the name which is usually transliterated at Safurah....if that makes sense. I spent so long comparing and contrasting Hebrew, Arabic and English for this one!

This made me LOL. Me and Cubster had a mini discussion on the spelling of Sephora's name and decided that we wouldn't have expected anything less from you. Then later I saw on MM you had posted the above quote!

I take it you knew you were going to have a girl then?