Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

90s English Music

I'm sure almost everyone who was alive in the 90s and listened to radio or watched MTV can relate. Post your favourite songs. Doesn't matter what genre. Reminisce with me!

:dance:

For now, I came across an argument on youtube (nothing new really) on which version of Under the Bridge is better. All Saints or Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I kinda like All Saints take on the guitar and the song overall but I really like how RHCP sing the chorus.

Lol yea I thought she meant British too lol

90s rock was pretty good: stuff like Nirvana & later the Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Metallica(Ish?), Bon Jovi, RHCP and whatnot. Most Grunge, Alternative, Punk and Late Metal.

Now 90s Rap however…

I know what you mean about 90s rap. I still find it really cute though - it was so damn positive, as opposed to today's rap, much of which seems to be in veneration of idiocy.

Cept Wu Tang Clan. And I will alway have a soft spot for the mellowest voice in rap, Snoop Dogg, though I don't really listen to either! Purely for nostalgic reasons :D

lol I thought English would mean British.

lol no. English as in English language vs other languages eg. Hindi, Spanish, French.

I know what you mean about 90s rap. I still find it really cute though - it was so damn positive, as opposed to today's rap, much of which seems to be in veneration of idiocy.

Cept Wu Tang Clan. And I will alway have a soft spot for the mellowest voice in rap, Snoop Dogg, though I don't really listen to either! Purely for nostalgic reasons :D

90s rap was nice. Well, at least what I listened to.

90s was the best era for music. Some really awesome bands and songs. I also liked quite a bit of variety, but perhaps not to much alternative music.

Warren G - Regulate ft. Nate Dogg

Classic 90's G-funk at its best

Mack Morrison - Return of the Mack

This just makes me go AWWW YEAAAH B)

2Pac - California Love ft. Dr Dre

Say no more

Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff - Summertime

Daft Punk - Around the World

2pac - Changes

Biggie - Party and Bull****

90's was the best for rap/hip hop and rnb. early 2000s is up there too though.

Anyone remember this one:

Stan by eminem. They've taken out the harsh vocab and muted some other bits too but it was the most shocking thing I had ever heard at the time. Really chilling.

Also, I LOVE Dido's part in it. Just beautiful.

Hmm well I don't really listen to rap or hip hop, I do notice that hip hop was more 'humanistic' back then than what it is today. But then again that could be said about most music, just as Dave Grohl said in his speech after The Foo Fighters won thier Best Rock Album Award at the Grammy's. Never really understood why people like dubstep and whatnot.

RIP Sonic Youth. You were the best band ever, and still are. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO END AFTER 30 YEARS OF PURE AWESOMESAUCE?!

:cry:

how do you embed youtube videos on this new thing?

look into his eyes and you can see/why all the little kids are dressed in dreams/i wonder how he's gonna make it back/when he sees that you just know it's make belief

*sob*

how do you embed youtube videos on this new thing?

Slightly more complicated. You have to unlink the link first. Copy paste the link, if it's blue, it means it's linked. Highlight the link only. Click on the 10th icon from the left in the second row of tools. It should turn to regular text. Then add the media tags around it. [ media] link [ /media ] (without the space).

white-rose listened to rap :o

Who'da thunk it :o

Ma name is, ma name is, ma name is.... -_-

Okay, I listened to SOME rap artists like Eminem, Will Smith, Missy Elliot, etc. lol.

Musa might remember the joke associated with this song. I never knew what it meant! -_-

Note: some profanity is still included here and there.

EDIT: I've added it as just a the link because apparently the song released in 2001. I was so sure it was a 90s song. :hmm: Late 90s early 2000s are a blur.

Okay here's a bunch of songs from different genres that I liked:

The Cranberries - Promises

The Corrs - Breathless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TKVDHEj5M

Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTxPFl5QJwA