Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

90s English Music

lol. I have to say. I saw your name in this thread and I was expecting some comment on my thread. Glad to know you are more accepting of English music. :lol: Also, isn't dubstep new? I've never heard of it in the 90s unless it was just not played alot on channels I watched.

lol. I have to say. I saw your name in this thread and I was expecting some comment on my thread. Glad to know you are more accepting of English music. :lol: Also, isn't dubstep new? I've never heard of it in the 90s unless it was just not played alot on channels I watched.

they say dialup modems played dubstep in the 90s.

todays rap

-clubbing hard --ing women there ain't much to do

-I'M GETTING PAPER

-'rack city' in its entirety

vs the 90s

-i wonder why we take from our women, why we rape our women, do we hate our women? i think it's tiem to heal our women, be real to our women.

-i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward

-'who do you believe in' in its entirety

(these are all direct quotes)

but i think lupe fiasco is pretty good still.

Ma name is, ma name is, ma name is.... -_-

Okay, I listened to SOME rap artists like Eminem, Will Smith, Missy Elliot, etc. lol.

OMG I so can't see you listening to Eminem and Missy Elliot :lol: Rosey has a dark side :ph34r:

Dude, I obviously didn't understand a word of that song by Missy Elliot. I thought it meant to be hyper! Sadly even the spit part didn't help me suspect that the song could have a different meaning. Now if we had google and a bazillion websites on slang back in the day, I probably wouldn't be as innocent. 90% of my knowledge of weird things came from my classmates in school and uni. :lol:

You know those Shaykhs that give lectures and try to be cool by quoting "contemporary" (i.e.:completely out of date and odd to the youth today) examples of 'cool people' by dropping in references to 50 cent and Snoop Dogg? That's going to be me and the 90s since I recognise every band and song quoted in this thread- but my non-music period began mid-naughties so after then there's a biiiiiiiiiiig fat blank!

And no 90s thread is complete without mention of Haddaway, The Lighthouse Family or Seal!

Lol rose. That reminds of a story my cousin told me of when she was at camp in the US. She was working with ASD kids and the one girl was neighbours with Bon Jovi. Some of the counsellors got tickets to a concert of his and they were so excited about it and this girl was like, "so what, its just Jon" :lol:

You know those Shaykhs that give lectures and try to be cool by quoting "contemporary" (i.e.:completely out of date and odd to the youth today) examples of 'cool people' by dropping in references to 50 cent and Snoop Dogg? That's going to be me and the 90s since I recognise every band and song quoted in this thread- but my non-music period began mid-naughties so after then there's a biiiiiiiiiiig fat blank!

And no 90s thread is complete without mention of Haddaway, The Lighthouse Family or Seal!

Same. I know 90s and early 2000s music but after 2003 maybe there's a blank. I know only a few songs released in the last 5 yrs because they play them in adverts, in between shows or within shows. When I watch glee, I'm bored out of my mind because I don't know any of the songs. I have no idea who those artists are. I have no idea if they are singing old or new songs either. Occasionally I might recognise a song but I stopped watching the show.

Lighthouse family sounds familiar but the other two I know. Lemme find a seal song that I like:

^ Love this one.

Lol rose. That reminds of a story my cousin told me of when she was at camp in the US. She was working with ASD kids and the one girl was neighbours with Bon Jovi. Some of the counsellors got tickets to a concert of his and they were so excited about it and this girl was like, "so what, its just Jon" :lol:

Wow, lucky.

Songs back then were so awesome. Especially lyrically. Nowadays it's really random.

Does Jamaican count as English?

Yes if it's in English and as cubster said, if it's reggae or such. Post a video anyway. Maybe it works? :P

Spice Girls were cool. Sporty Spice was the best anyway. :P

Which songs did you like?

Nearly all of them back then :P

I was at a neighbours/friends today and the little boy (Who's like 13) was singing 'If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends' Loooool. It was hilarious. I asked him where he'd heard it cos he must have been a baby or not even born when Spice Girls were popular and he goes his uncle in Pakistan used to play it all the time :lol: