Maniac Muslim Forums
Ishavemychesthair2

London Summer Olympics 2012

It was good, the queen is a moody cow though, when team GB came out, she wasn't even looking!?!?!

She was looking down at her hands, and then the camera came to her face, she looked up briefly, then down to her hands again :no:

Turkey won hands down, the team with the best looking athletes

But they sounded British. Perhaps different channels had different presenters. I tried watching it on BBC world but they were showing everything but the Olympics.

coughtypicalcough

I thought ESPN was American, so I assumed they were American commentators.

Lol Jafooly I felt the same about the queen. I think it was past her bedtime haha!

Recorded the opening ceremony. Only managed to watch about half of it so far, lol.

To be fair on the queen, it was way past her bed time. Plus she's the new bond girl, she needs to get a decent nights sleep, especially after the diamond jubilee, which she hasn't recovered from yet!

That aside. So pleased to see Palestine, Iraq, afghan and other Muslim countries in the in the lympics :) was lovely seeing Hijabis too :)

They wore Shalwar Kameez *claps like a retard*

Their outfits could not have been uglier! I've seen my fellow Pakistanis bling themselves out for the smallest tea gathering at someone's house, and yet for the Olympics they looked like they were wearing their old house clothes.

tumblr_m7u7eh7koG1rxr5fuo1_500.jpg

So many jewels, beautiful clothes and finery wasted on the old hag!

Anyway, let's see how many medals Team GB don't win this time round. Again.

*reclines like a bitter Londoner*

The moment Team Britain where introduced:

tumblr_m7udaxVST91qgmfwso1_r3_500.gif

I really laughed my ass off because the commentator made a sarky comment after this shot like, "I'm sure the Queen is rather proud."

I was doing impressions at the dinner table and my family had a real laugh about it. She looked so miserable throughout the whole thing. XD

We'll win the rowing and cycling medals again.

We love our boats and bicycles it seems.

olympic-mascots-london-2012.jpg

Also can I just say.. these are just about the oogliest official mascots I've ever seen for something. Why on God's green earth does it have one eye?

dont be mean

olympic-mascots-london-2012.jpg

Also can I just say.. these are just about the oogliest official mascots I've ever seen for something. Why on God's green earth does it have one eye?

should have gone with a lion or something.

What's up with all the empty seats? It's the organisers faults anyway, they recently announced that all tickets were sold out, so people were obviously gonna stop applying. I can't believe centre court at the tennis had empty seats! That would never happen at Wimbledon. Premature bragging on the ticket situation I reckon.

In other news, one of our Libyan athletes is in the judo later this morning, around 10.55.

I wish this wasn't happening in Ramadan. I feel like I'll waste time if I watch any of it.

Their outfits could not have been uglier! I've seen my fellow Pakistanis bling themselves out for the smallest tea gathering at someone's house, and yet for the Olympics they looked like they were wearing their old house clothes.

:lol: They all looked like nawaz sharif :P