Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cubster

Horse Shampoo

speaking of camels, apparently, camel pee is really good for the hair, but only fresh pee made in the early morning.

Any volunteer testers?

r-z?

no need for volunteers, you already seem to know.

Stop spamming -_-

I don't why some of you think I'm joking. I'm not. I'm dead serious. People have been using horse shampoo for years and years. Its only becoming mainstream now. I know personally of people who used to take Bob Martin tablets (which is gross imo) but they did it and it also improved their hair.

There is no reason to feel weird about it. Its non-toxic so it is safe to use. And its not harsh at all, animals are more sensitive than us. It lathers much better than normal shampoo. I've got to shampoo at least three times with normal shampoo to get it to lather properly into my hair, but with this one I only do it once and it lathers great. So it lasts longer.

I think their skin/fur coat is. I used to give my rabbits a bath and they started losing their fur. There was NO GOOGLE or INTERNET at that time for me to know otherwise. I was 13 or 14. Well, there was internet but we never got it until I was 17.

I didn't go to carrefour but I went to a few other places and didn't find the horse shampoo.

Mo- - did you see the horse shampoo in the shampoo section or the pet section?

Yeah, their skin/coat is. The man and tail hair is really strong but even you can't use any harsh substances on that either.

i was at the drug store yesterday and i saw horse shampoo and i remembered cubby.

its really expensive though. :|

then again the drug store is always more expensive than the department store... :S

I don't why some of you think I'm joking. I'm not. I'm dead serious.

how did you personally learned about horse shampoo?

That product mane-n-tail is a human shampoo, with horses on the picture. the article cubster posted also mentions this product, and I smell foul advertising.

see their website http://manentail.com/products/

The product cubster is using is also described as for horses and humans. Although both the products try to portray that the horse shampoo are cheap, these are not.

Maybe this is a new rave created by shampoo manufacturers. The question is, what do real horse owners use? Any farmers here?

how did you personally learned about horse shampoo?

I heard stories about it when I was in school, but didn't know anyone personally who used it. At the start of the year I walked into my cousins bathroom and found a bottle of Equiline in her shower so I asked her about it. And she told me that she started to use because a friend had recommended it to her. And I've been experiencing a lot of problems with my hair in the last year or so. So I thought I'd give it a try. It was also kind of a joke, because when I was younger and I had a fuller head of hair, my mom used to joke that I had hair like a horses tail =P

That product mane-n-tail is a human shampoo, with horses on the picture. the article cubster posted also mentions this product, and I smell foul advertising.

see their website http://manentail.com/products/

The product cubster is using is also described as for horses and humans. Although both the products try to portray that the horse shampoo are cheap, these are not.

Maybe this is a new rave created by shampoo manufacturers. The question is, what do real horse owners use? Any farmers here?

Real horse owners use this shampoo on their horses as well. Our vet has been selling since forever, and I've been with this vet for about 6 years now. My mom's boss's daughter is a horse trainer and she's worked with horses her entire life and she's been using the product on them for years. We don't have mane n tail here, Equiline is the big brand.

Its not hard to think about how this caught on. Animal people are weird. One say you run out of shampoo and use the next best thing, the horses shampoo. And it works and makes the hair nice so you keep using it. Then you tell other people what you've done and they try it out too and then it spreads.

I heard stories about it when I was in school, but didn't know anyone personally who used it. At the start of the year I walked into my cousins bathroom and found a bottle of Equiline in her shower so I asked her about it. And she told me that she started to use because a friend had recommended it to her. And I've been experiencing a lot of problems with my hair in the last year or so. So I thought I'd give it a try. It was also kind of a joke, because when I was younger and I had a fuller head of hair, my mom used to joke that I had hair like a horses tail =P

what sort of problems did you have with your hair? What did the new shampoo solve?

another thing to consider is, shampoo (any type, horse or otherwise), would only clean the hair and scalp. It can do nothing whatsoever in terms of promoting growth (unless the problem is with uncleanliness). No matter what the shampoo manufacturers say about vitamins/proteins in the shampoo, non of that have any effect on health of hair. (vitamins and nutrients needs to come from inside)

what sort of problems did you have with your hair? What did the new shampoo solve?

another thing to consider is, shampoo (any type, horse or otherwise), would only clean the hair and scalp. It can do nothing whatsoever in terms of promoting growth (unless the problem is with uncleanliness). No matter what the shampoo manufacturers say about vitamins/proteins in the shampoo, non of that have any effect on health of hair. (vitamins and nutrients needs to come from inside)

Well then perhaps it cleans better than regular shampoos? It doesn't advertise for human use on the bottle. Its directed at horses and their coat and making it glossy etc etc etc...

I used to have a lot of hair loss, hair breakage, dandruff and my hair grew rather slowly. I've been using this shampoo for about 3 months now and I don't lose half as much hair as I used to, my hair doesn't break, and there is no dandruff at all. I don't know whether my hair has grown faster or not though, because I cut it about 4 months ago and its grown but I wouldn't know what's fast or not.

(vitamins and nutrients needs to come from inside)

vitamin D is synthesised using sunlight, and I'm sure you know of positive effects of creams such as petroleum jelly and cocoa butter on the skin, and that hair treatment products are very effective in making hair either more fair or thicker dependant on the product used.