Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cubster

Horse Shampoo

then again the drug store is always more expensive than the department store... :S

Whattt it's opposite here I think. For cosmetics at least.

vitamin D is synthesised using sunlight, and I'm sure you know of positive effects of creams such as petroleum jelly and cocoa butter on the skin, and that hair treatment products are very effective in making hair either more fair or thicker dependant on the product used.

vitamin D is synthesized in live cells, and the benefits of it goes to live cells. My point is applying vitamins or other nutrients outside dead skin or hair doesn't make them any healthy what so ever. If you get your nutrients properly from food and/or sunlight, your body can function and grow properly, which also includes growing hair.

Petroleum Jelly and cocoa butter does nothing except keep the skin moisturized and shield them from external elements. That's it.

What hair treatment products are you talking about? There are tons of bogus ones out there. Which one are you referring to specifically? Products claiming to make hair thicker does not really change the width of the hair. It leaves a layer of something around the hair, which gives the impression of extra thickness or extra shine or softness or what ever effect they advertise. Its not as if the hair (which is lump of dead cells) absorbs the nutrients and get "fatter".

I heard that you shouldn't shampoo your so often. One or maybe two times a week because the shampoo kills the natural oils in your hair. Does HORSE shampoo do the same?

What about the use of Olive Oil or Amla Oil (ew) in hair/ on the scalp? Thats stuphph that people have used in the past and still use today and it works as well to get healthy hair.

What about the use of Olive Oil or Amla Oil (ew) in hair/ on the scalp? Thats stuphph that people have used in the past and still use today and it works as well to get healthy hair.

the oil helps to moisturize the scalp and hair, which is beneficent.

a google search is in order.

Well then perhaps it cleans better than regular shampoos? It doesn't advertise for human use on the bottle. Its directed at horses and their coat and making it glossy etc etc etc...

I used to have a lot of hair loss, hair breakage, dandruff and my hair grew rather slowly. I've been using this shampoo for about 3 months now and I don't lose half as much hair as I used to, my hair doesn't break, and there is no dandruff at all. I don't know whether my hair has grown faster or not though, because I cut it about 4 months ago and its grown but I wouldn't know what's fast or not.

hair loss and breakage could be attributed to some ingredient which had a bad effect on you. I don't believe a shampoo can make hair grow faster.

Can you see what the ingredients are in this horse shampoo?

vitamin D is synthesized in live cells, and the benefits of it goes to live cells. My point is applying vitamins or other nutrients outside dead skin or hair doesn't make them any healthy what so ever. If you get your nutrients properly from food and/or sunlight, your body can function and grow properly, which also includes growing hair.

Petroleum Jelly and cocoa butter does nothing except keep the skin moisturized and shield them from external elements. That's it.

What hair treatment products are you talking about? There are tons of bogus ones out there. Which one are you referring to specifically? Products claiming to make hair thicker does not really change the width of the hair. It leaves a layer of something around the hair, which gives the impression of extra thickness or extra shine or softness or what ever effect they advertise. Its not as if the hair (which is lump of dead cells) absorbs the nutrients and get "fatter".

it seems we are talking about different things. I know perfectly well the epidermis is made up of dead skin and that hair cells are dead cells, it doesn't mean you cannot treat them with products chemically, such as mousse, gels, anti-frizz creams, texture locking creams, etc.

Also, cocoa butter penetrates the epidermis and reaches the live cells in the dermis and hypodermis, so some nutrients (such as vitamin E) contained in the cocoa butter do reach these live cells.

it seems we are talking about different things. I know perfectly well the epidermis is made up of dead skin and that hair cells are dead cells, it doesn't mean you cannot treat them with products chemically, such as mousse, gels, anti-frizz creams, texture locking creams, etc.

Treat them how?

Also, cocoa butter penetrates the epidermis and reaches the live cells in the dermis and hypodermis, so some nutrients (such as vitamin E) contained in the cocoa butter do reach these live cells.

Exactly what in cocoa butter reaches the dermis?

Almost anything put on the skin have potential of being absorbed, however, the question is, do these stuff really have the benefit advertised by the companies.

Exactly how much of vitamin E in lotions penetrates and reaches living cells? Once reached, are they absorbed in such a way that it benefits the skin?

Do you have links to scientific sources for penetrating vitamin E, and its benefits for youthful skin?

Treat them how?

Enhanced volume, texture, 'shine', shape.

Exactly what in cocoa butter reaches the dermis?

Almost anything put on the skin have potential of being absorbed, however, the question is, do these stuff really have the benefit advertised by the companies.

Exactly how much of vitamin E in lotions penetrates and reaches living cells? Once reached, are they absorbed in such a way that it benefits the skin?

Do you have links to scientific sources for penetrating vitamin E, and its benefits for youthful skin?

Without a doubt, the effects are exaggerated by companies in advertisement and false jargon is commonly used (like in practically all advertisements).

the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Vol 22. Issue 5 pages 349-360 contains a paper by Heh Chen and R.H. Chen on the topic. I got it on my universities subscription to the EBSCO-Host database of academic journals.

Enhanced volume, texture, 'shine', shape.

All these are due to what is being deposited around the hair. Non of these desirable qualities are due to actual change in the hair.

This is like wearing high heel shoes to appear tall.

Without a doubt, the effects are exaggerated by companies in advertisement and false jargon is commonly used (like in practically all advertisements).

the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Vol 22. Issue 5 pages 349-360 contains a paper by Heh Chen and R.H. Chen on the topic. I got it on my universities subscription to the EBSCO-Host database of academic journals.

This article discusses use of glycerol monostearate vs water-soluble chitosan in creams with vitamin E. Conclusion of their finding was " vitamin E-containing creams obtained using water-soluble chitosans improves the stability and enhances skin hydration of the creams thus prepared". i.e., they are discussing the effect of moisturizing effect of creams with vitamin E. No mention of vitamin E penetrating the skin and nourishing what so ever.

Vitamin E is a vital nutrient and it is good for the skin, if ingested. The bogus starts when people think vitamin E in lotions is good for skin. (apart from moisturizing effect, it does nothing more). This is similar to saying vitamin A is good for eye sight, hence lets put carrot slices on eyes. BOGUS!

Whattt it's opposite here I think. For cosmetics at least.

Pharmacy is more expensive here too. For anything, medicine, shampoo, cosmetics.

I was just thinking, for those of us who wear hijab, is it a bad thing that our hair doesn't really get any sunlight on it? (I'm thinking of vitamin D). Also is it true your hair can get darker once you start covering it up? Some girls swear it happens to them.

So mane and tail is not even made for horses? Or its suitable for both humans and horses? Also I cannot believe some people would take those Bob Martin tablets! I've seen skin and hair vitamins for humans in health shops, but what good they do, I have no idea.

Man, people are putting snail mucus on their faces these days. Nothing surprises me any more.

I can't seem to find a list of ingredients online for this thing. It just tells you what the ingredients do :rolleyes:

Pharmacy was out of stock when I went in the other day :/