Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Satyamev Jayate - Victory In Truth show

Alhamdulillah! I'm glad that it's actually making a difference and it's not all just talk to entertainment purposes. hurrah!

watched the first 2 episodes. awesome.

Yeah. So far it's more for saving the female fetus. I wonder what they'll do for the poor children besides the national helpline.

Im in love with this show already. And I dont even like amir khan. Watched the first episode it made me cry like real tears :o will watch the second one this week inshaAllah. Mummy can you tell me the timings for it? I missed it twice and I dont want to miss it again. Thank you :D

It comes Sunday mornings around 10:30 - 11am in Pakistan? I'm not exactly sure since I think it airs at 2 different timings on star plus and star world. But yeah, check around those times.

I really enjoy the show. It's about time some one speaks up and demands action from the public.

We're all aware of the problems, but having Amir Khan, a public figure, speak out against them, motivates ordinary; everyday people to stand up for their rights, and stand up to the atrocities that are being committed on the communities.

New episode is airing right now. It's about marriage and dowry. Dowry is still a massive problem in India. The ironic thing is in the first story the girl‘s husband was earning 65000 dollars pet year. Second story, the girls husband went as far as to email his wife and tell her she looks like a bull dog? Very unfortunate case as the wife ended up committing suicide.

I cant watch it now, class in a bit. Will watch the repeat show. Btw the 2nd episode was on again yesterday at 9pm (Pakistan time) I think.

Most likely. I was out so I am only guessing but my Mom did mention something of the sort. It repeats a couple of times so it shouldn't be hard to catch later.

Alhumdulillah, some positive stories and ideas coming from the muslims in India. Alhumdulillah for Islam.

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

It's this very stupid Bollywood culture where if you partner leaves you/insults you the best way out is to kill yourself. I remember when I was in college, this girls boyfriend slapped her so she went home and drank bleach, and then afterwards he apologized and made up with her - after she spent yonks in hospital and damaged her insides.

Bollywood is one of the biggest diseases of our times, on par with AIDs and cancer.

Are you kidding? People have been killing themselves since the time of the prophet (saw) and probably even before that. You don't have to be a Bollywood fan to do it. I'm not sure why some people are so obsessed with blaming movies for it. During the Iraq war, there was an article /letter written by a female prisoner about the injustices they are facing and how one woman banged her head against the wall and killed herself because she could no longer take it. I guess Bollywood should be blamed for that as well and not the fact that there are criminals causing people to use suicide as the only means of escape? As long as we keep making stupid excuses for why people kill themselves we'll never get to the root of the actual problem. So please hate Bollywood and don't watch it but don't try to ignore that there are real problems in the world and sadly for some suicide seems to be the only solution because you really aren't helping their situation get any better.

^ there is a difference between a prisoner killing herself and a girl killing herself cos some guy insulted her/said he didnt like her. (or guy killing himself over some girl). b/h/lollywood make love look like the most important thing in the world so people end up thinking that if they cant have X then they might as well die.

( x = person they love)

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

Obviously, obviously, OBVIOUSLY, flippin-massive-billboard-right-in-your-face-obviously I didn't mean that Bollywood is the only reason that people commit suicide. I was saying that Bollywood promotes a culture where if a woman is not loved by her man she has no self esteem, she has no worth, so best way out is to kill herself. I'm not putting the blame only on Bollywood for all of the worlds problems, but since we're talking about the Indian society here (since he's raising awareness about problems in India) it's only fair to look at the root of the problem and see why its all going down the drain.

A huge part of the problem is how people elevate love and relationships above their religion because they have been brainwashed by society which in infiltrated by crap like Bollywood. If you don't have a relationship/marriage you're seen as a failure or a burden. Bollywood promotes promiscuity, it gives no respect to women so is it any wonder that the same society has such a low regard for their daughters/daughter in laws/sisters. Women are stripped to two small bits of fabrics, in some cases not even that, and than branded all over billboards, so that's what people want, that's what they aspire to be like, the men want to be casanovas and the women want to be wanted and what's on everyones mind - sex sex sex. For example as Muslims, all our random acts of Ibadah are supposed to constantly remind us of Allah tala and our akhirah, but now if you look at society and by constantly seeing barely dressed women, and filthy movies, what is your mind going to be kept busy with?

If as humans we're supposed to be a mix between angels and animals, what is this industry (and many like it) encouraging them to turn into?

I'm talking about looking at a society from an objective point of view and looking at the different reasons why it is in the state that it is, what promotes the evil that makes society stoop so low and become morally corrupt?

It's fine and dandy to raise awareness about different issues, but then to go back and work and promote the same movies where the number one way to get a girl is

1) stalking her, harassing her till she falls in love with you (how many men stop at that? this isn't just India, Pakistan the same)

2) If you don't like girls, best method for revenge is to rape her (again, this is promoted by movies, and you will this practice rampant in our societies - every flippin' Pakistani movie I've ever seen, the ending is the same, the villian kidnaps the heros sister/gf and tries to rape her before the guy comes in and saves her - and funnily enough what happens in society? exactly the same. Women are used to settle scores.)

People watch these movies and genuinely believe this to be the way of life, if you look at society how they are all obsessed with fame, and how many of them want to be actors and actresses, you know that bollywood means alot to them. They put these actors on the same level as their Gods, when this industry plays such a big part in their lives - it's only fair that you can look at them and see how far they are helping or worsening society as a whole with the values and practices they promote.

Filth promotes filth and then tries to raise awareness about how that filth has damaged society, and then goes back and promotes the same filth all over again. lolwut.

This is not an attack on Amir Khan, he's raising awareness about all sorts, and whoever doing something for the good of humanity, I sincerely pray that Allah tala accepts this from them and gives them hidayah, but the whole industry is a huge part of the problem.

Society is sooo obsessed with sex, there is no limit to any of it, it's not as if sex is promoted as something part of a marriage and that people are told to have some sort of moral compass when it comes to their sexual practices, no it's all about enjoying yourself-no holds barred. When society is encouraged to become that loose - then is it any wonder that we have problems like we do today?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I never watch movies but 10-15 years ago I could sit back and watch a movie with my family and there was no dirty scenes in it, (well I did see a rape scene when I was about 8) but nowadays every movie seems to revolve around sex, relationships outside of marriage, and the women seem to have less and less clothes on - and in my opinion this industry is definitely to blame for the huge problems that society then suffers from as a result.

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

Where is the society that gives women respect? Where is the society that gives children their rights? There isn't one is there.

As far as Islam and Muslim communities are concerned the respect and status given to women by Allah tala is sadly only confined to text books and the Qur'an, i'm sure you get the odd people who do practice is, but as a whole when we look at our communities we don't see it.

No one gives children their rights, here in UK - you might get free education, free health, but who's protecting them? 'Children' are given contraceptives in school, free chlamydia tests, doctors can give them contraceptive pills without their parents permission it's all about "hey do what you want! You're 13? you can go and have sex with your boyfriend? hey you're 10 years old! You should be taught about sex, relationships, and alcohol" they think they are giving kids their rights, but is this really the case? Sex education is promoted so they can enjoy themselves - if it really was about protecting them, they would have sex education to teach children what is abuse, what isn't, to teach them some sort of boundaries, to teach them to respect their boundaries, to teach them to have some self esteem, so every other 12 year old isn't having sex just to look good in front of her mates.

The whole system is messed up, everything promotes becoming a slave to your nafs. Nothing teaches you to have self-control, nothing teaches you to have some sort of morals, we live in a age where religion and any sort of restriction/indoctrination is seen as clear cut oppression. When this is the way of life - are we seriously surprised that society is as sexually perverse as it is today?

I don't think children are any safer from sexual abuse in this country than they are in India, they only thing is that alhumdulilah at least the kids have someone they can turn to (helplines or whatever), but still we're looking at 'cures' and not the methods to prevent it. I'm not saying it's possible to change the whole wide world overnight, but at least begin by acknowledging the reasons for the problems, and to give blame where it's due - and to protect yourself and your family from it as a start, and then others.

^ there is a difference between a prisoner killing herself and a girl killing herself cos some guy insulted her/said he didnt like her. (or guy killing himself over some girl). b/h/lollywood make love look like the most important thing in the world so people end up thinking that if they cant have X then they might as well die.

( x = person they love)

Not any guy. Her husband. And it isn't as simple as "oh he didn't like me, I must go kill myself". If you watch the episode then her husband actually forced her parents to make her get a plastic surgery because they didn't like her nose. And even after that the husband sends her an email saying, you look like a bulldog, you are fat and ugly. Please show this email to your parents and let them know about this as well. So she had already reached her breaking point. The way you are making it sound as if it's not the man's fault. You are trivialising the issue by saying Bollywood is responsible. Importance to beauty and money, greed and crime has been an issue in India long before Bollywood came into the picture.

Obviously, obviously, OBVIOUSLY, flippin-massive-billboard-right-in-your-face-obviously I didn't mean that Bollywood is the only reason that people commit suicide. I was saying that Bollywood promotes a culture where if a woman is not loved by her man she has no self esteem, she has no worth, so best way out is to kill herself. I'm not putting the blame only on Bollywood for all of the worlds problems, but since we're talking about the Indian society here (since he's raising awareness about problems in India) it's only fair to look at the root of the problem and see why its all going down the drain.

A huge part of the problem is how people elevate love and relationships above their religion because they have been brainwashed by society which in infiltrated by crap like Bollywood. If you don't have a relationship/marriage you're seen as a failure or a burden. Bollywood promotes promiscuity, it gives no respect to women so is it any wonder that the same society has such a low regard for their daughters/daughter in laws/sisters. Women are stripped to two small bits of fabrics, in some cases not even that, and than branded all over billboards, so that's what people want, that's what they aspire to be like, the men want to be casanovas and the women want to be wanted and what's on everyones mind - sex sex sex. For example as Muslims, all our random acts of Ibadah are supposed to constantly remind us of Allah tala and our akhirah, but now if you look at society and by constantly seeing barely dressed women, and filthy movies, what is your mind going to be kept busy with?

If as humans we're supposed to be a mix between angels and animals, what is this industry (and many like it) encouraging them to turn into?

I'm talking about looking at a society from an objective point of view and looking at the different reasons why it is in the state that it is, what promotes the evil that makes society stoop so low and become morally corrupt?

It's fine and dandy to raise awareness about different issues, but then to go back and work and promote the same movies where the number one way to get a girl is

1) stalking her, harassing her till she falls in love with you (how many men stop at that? this isn't just India, Pakistan the same)

2) If you don't like girls, best method for revenge is to rape her (again, this is promoted by movies, and you will this practice rampant in our societies - every flippin' Pakistani movie I've ever seen, the ending is the same, the villian kidnaps the heros sister/gf and tries to rape her before the guy comes in and saves her - and funnily enough what happens in society? exactly the same. Women are used to settle scores.)

People watch these movies and genuinely believe this to be the way of life, if you look at society how they are all obsessed with fame, and how many of them want to be actors and actresses, you know that bollywood means alot to them. They put these actors on the same level as their Gods, when this industry plays such a big part in their lives - it's only fair that you can look at them and see how far they are helping or worsening society as a whole with the values and practices they promote.

Filth promotes filth and then tries to raise awareness about how that filth has damaged society, and then goes back and promotes the same filth all over again. lolwut.

This is not an attack on Amir Khan, he's raising awareness about all sorts, and whoever doing something for the good of humanity, I sincerely pray that Allah tala accepts this from them and gives them hidayah, but the whole industry is a huge part of the problem.

Society is sooo obsessed with sex, there is no limit to any of it, it's not as if sex is promoted as something part of a marriage and that people are told to have some sort of moral compass when it comes to their sexual practices, no it's all about enjoying yourself-no holds barred. When society is encouraged to become that loose - then is it any wonder that we have problems like we do today?

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I never watch movies but 10-15 years ago I could sit back and watch a movie with my family and there was no dirty scenes in it, (well I did see a rape scene when I was about 8) but nowadays every movie seems to revolve around sex, relationships outside of marriage, and the women seem to have less and less clothes on - and in my opinion this industry is definitely to blame for the huge problems that society then suffers from as a result.

I'm not disagreeing regarding some of the points such as promiscuity and sexual influences that movies cause. But to directly be saying that just because a person is an Indian and has committed suicide, ultimately Bollywood is responsible is what I have a problem with.

Since you mentioned love, who doesn't want to be loved? It's not about only women wanting to be loved by men. Men want to be loved by women as well. And both guys and girls commit suicide because they don't get the person or are abused - psychologically, emotionally, verbally or physically, by the people they expected love from. Yes, sometimes people commit suicide for the most silliest reasons but that's more of a personality issue than a Bollywood issue. Many people do it purely for attention. But to say all the people who commit suicide is for silly reasons and/or because they are more culturally prone to suicide is to trivialise the problem. This is why these issues are never tackled in the first place. I think you need to watch the episode before suggesting movies are somehow responsible.

Oh and since you are going on about films, reality is often worse than fiction. Movies are often based ON reality. India's population didn't explode because of movies. People already knew how to have sex before hindi movies started dipicting sexual content. All movies did is made it obvious that people have sex outside of marriage. And this is more the case in perhaps the last 2 decades. People were already doing it long before movies. If it wasn't already happening in society, people would watch a movie and wonder what the hell is being depicted. Also, there was an initiative in India where if TVs are made available in homes, people will spend more time watching TV than having sex and hence have less kids. Not a joke btw. Actually studied this in school.

Movies don't corrupt people. People are already corrupt because they are evil, shallow, greedy, filthy-minded, etc. Movies just depict what has already become a norm in our societies. So if people are raping women as a revenge, this isn't because Bollywood showed people how to. People were raping women long before it came up in a story line of a movie. To think otherwise is to be fooling yourself and giving movies a little more credit than they deserve. Anyway, Bollywood isn't always aiming to be the cure. It's an entertainment industry and if it adds to the problem that's fine as long as it's making them money. If you go to see the actual movies which attempt to at least bring to light the evils within the society, you'll realize how much resistance they are met with. You need money and influence to make it happen and most times the producers end up losing money instead of making any so why would Bollywood movies change? Societies need to change first.

You mentioned how people elevate love above religion. In that case you need to look at their religion. However, most people even among Muslims are Muslims by name. They don't know half as much about what their religion says and that probably includes me as well. But many don't care to find out. They do what they like and don't worry about their religion until they get older. Today's society is a selfish one. It's all about getting what you want now and it's a rat race to get to the top even if it means crushing others in the process. Depression is actually linked to a person's wealth and status. The more you have of it, the more likely you are to be depressed and thus more likely for you to commit suicide. Which is why you see so many famous American actors, actresses, etc killing themselves or overdosing on drugs.

Nearly half of the Indians can't even afford a decent meal (~37% live below the poverty line), let alone time to go watch a Bollywood movie. They didn't need a movie to teach them that money will help ease their worries. They didn't need a movie to teach them that a son means a money making device whereas a girl means a burden. They don't need movies to teach them to rape children and women. And they certainly don't need to watch a movie to torture their daughter-in-law/spouse. They've been living with these evils for centuries. It's all around us, all over the world no matter where you go. This show has been the biggest platform for addressing these problems. But if people still want to put blinders on and blame it all on movies, then I hope that gives them peace. Because it does nothing for those who are actually suffering.

And please watch the episode before saying, it must be because of Bollywood that the lady killed herself.

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

I'm not disagreeing regarding some of the points such as promiscuity and sexual influences that movies cause. But to directly be saying that just because a person is an Indian and has committed suicide, ultimately Bollywood is responsible is what I have a problem with.

Tell me where I did that.