Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Satyamev Jayate - Victory In Truth show

Agreed. Ahh so that's one reason then, a messed up legal system, I remember reading something a few years back about how a first time offender got 3 and a half years? for rape, can you believe it, you get more for carrying a knife alone.

That is messed up indeed. But it's normal for India. I wouldn't be surprised if I read that 90% of rapists in India get away scot free.

I've heard about that, but is it one gang, or a few gangs or a mad rampage?

It's extremely bad. Every 3 - 4 days there's been a case of gang rape in the last few months. Just do a google search of rape case in delhi and see how many stories pop up.

Not any guy. Her husband. And it isn't as simple as "oh he didn't like me, I must go kill myself". If you watch the episode then her husband actually forced her parents to make her get a plastic surgery because they didn't like her nose. And even after that the husband sends her an email saying, you look like a bulldog, you are fat and ugly. Please show this email to your parents and let them know about this as well. So she had already reached her breaking point. The way you are making it sound as if it's not the man's fault. You are trivialising the issue by saying Bollywood is responsible. Importance to beauty and money, greed and crime has been an issue in India long before Bollywood came into the picture.

i was talking about guys & girls in general, not this particular person, i havent seen the episode yet so i cant say anything about her.

from what you've said obviously the guy was not right to tell her that she's ugly, or call her names, or force her to get plastic surgery. he saw her before they got married (right?) and so was fully aware of how pretty/ugly she was. i don't know what else went on ( for her to reach her breaking point ) so i can't say anything about that either.

i didnt say Bollywood was the only issue ( i said holly/lolly & bollyowood ), i meant the entertainment industry as a whole, the reasons have been covered by both you & fufu so i don't need to repeat them.

the 'he-doesnt-like-me-that-means-im-worthless' attitude isn't just indians, thats a pretty dumb thing to think, my (white) friends were the same in school when they broke up with their boyfriends or when their boyfriends didnt call/text back or were late meeting up or if a guy they liked didnt like them back. stupid imo.

Yeah that sucks. And when they have low self esteem, they don't make the best judgement.

i was talking about guys & girls in general, not this particular person, i havent seen the episode yet so i cant say anything about her.

from what you've said obviously the guy was not right to tell her that she's ugly, or call her names, or force her to get plastic surgery. he saw her before they got married (right?) and so was fully aware of how pretty/ugly she was. i don't know what else went on ( for her to reach her breaking point ) so i can't say anything about that either.

i didnt say Bollywood was the only issue ( i said holly/lolly & bollyowood ), i meant the entertainment industry as a whole, the reasons have been covered by both you & fufu so i don't need to repeat them.

the 'he-doesnt-like-me-that-means-im-worthless' attitude isn't just indians, thats a pretty dumb thing to think, my (white) friends were the same in school when they broke up with their boyfriends or when their boyfriends didnt call/text back or were late meeting up or if a guy they liked didnt like them back. stupid imo.

Men don't say that because it is necessarily true. They say it because they know it will cause pain.

^true.

i wish i could label one group of people and say it's al their fault, cos that would it be much easier to deal with, but i dont think it's one group. we're all equally stupid.

a lot of people think/thought that female infanticide was something the poor/uneducated people did but obvioulsty that not the case. in the first episode, there were proper educated people, like principals/medical professionals pressursing their daughter in law to abort her pregnancy. and the doctors who do the forced aboritions - i dont understand how they can kill babies and then go home to their own kids. (assuming they have kids) it's disgusting. the women (doctors) who were talking about where to dump the baby's body as if it was nothing, if i remember rightly she was laughing too. and it doesnt take a genius to work out that if you kill lots of female babies, eventually loads of men won't get married.

same thing with the dowry. educated/rich people are apparently just as greedy & stupid as everyone else, if not more.

i dont see where the self respect is in asking your wife to beg her parents for money (when he doesnt even need it, if he was really poor, then that's a different story).

and the fancy weddings - whether theyre in london or india or in some forest, i dont see the point of having a big weddings. really, youre only doing it for the people who come, so they have a good time and more importantly, so they think youre well off & all that poop. why would you invite so many people who couldnt care less about you and are probably only there for the free food (which they will most probably complain about too).

^true.

i wish i could label one group of people and say it's al their fault, cos that would it be much easier to deal with, but i dont think it's one group. we're all equally stupid.

a lot of people think/thought that female infanticide was something the poor/uneducated people did but obvioulsty that not the case. in the first episode, there were proper educated people, like principals/medical professionals pressursing their daughter in law to abort her pregnancy. and the doctors who do the forced aboritions - i dont understand how they can kill babies and then go home to their own kids. (assuming they have kids) it's disgusting. the women (doctors) who were talking about where to dump the baby's body as if it was nothing, if i remember rightly she was laughing too. and it doesnt take a genius to work out that if you kill lots of female babies, eventually loads of men won't get married.

same thing with the dowry. educated/rich people are apparently just as greedy & stupid as everyone else, if not more.

i dont see where the self respect is in asking your wife to beg her parents for money (when he doesnt even need it, if he was really poor, then that's a different story).

The lady dr. and others who agree to test women via ultra sound and perform abortions do it willingly because they obviously get paid a lot for it. People who are desperate for a male child and hate female children and want the fetus aborted will happily pay excess amounts for it to be done quickly and quietly. At the end of the day, it's a business which is why it's so popular. For example if you recall, one man mention how they sell ultrasound machines to dr.s saying that you'll make up the money in 2, 3, 4 sessions, etc. So again, it's about making money.

and the fancy weddings - whether theyre in london or india or in some forest, i dont see the point of having a big weddings. really, youre only doing it for the people who come, so they have a good time and more importantly, so they think youre well off & all that poop. why would you invite so many people who couldnt care less about you and are probably only there for the free food (which they will most probably complain about too).

It's about showing off and pride in many cases. In other cases, if you don't invite every remotely related person you know, you'll never hear the end of it. And if they aren't happy, they'll put you down saying that's all you spent on your daughter/son? Frankly, I'd rather limit the guests to people whose opinions I actually care about and who care about me.

Guys, you have to watch this week's episode. I missed it on Saturday but it's repeating right now and it's all about the medical market in India. How difficult it is to get a reasonable treatment in India for the poor. It's really unfortunate.

fufu, gang rape doesn't mean its done by an actual gang (like an organization) with a name and all. it just means a bunch of people rape one person, instead of it being one on one.

At least the medical treatment is far cheaper in India. I'm afraid to go to the doctor here, because all I'm worried about are the bills. But the sexual abuse is terrible. Especially since families put so much trust in their relatives and people they hire. When the kids come up and say something's happened, they don't believe them. Wow I know SOOOOOO many people this has happened to.

PS: ALL Indians watch movies. This is not a generalization. It's Indian life. It's: Cricket, Cinema, Corruption. In that order. The whole country revolves around what the next movie is. For some one who didn't watch TV growing up, I've probably watched more than 100 movies in India. They worship movies stars. Literally.

Tamil movies are AWFUL. It's all violence, bloodshed, and some tears. At least Bollywood movies have a plot. I wouldn't be surprised if people are being influenced. And there's a suicide every day in the papers. And I know several people who've committed suicide. It's very common.

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

fufu, gang rape doesn't mean its done by an actual gang (like an organization) with a name and all. it just means a bunch of people rape one person, instead of it being one on one.

Yeah I know but it just seems wierd that lotsa groups of lads are just going around raping girls, so I thought maybe theres a particular gang/reason. I dunno.

Guest Fufu Xiawoun

That is messed up indeed. But it's normal for India. I wouldn't be surprised if I read that 90% of rapists in India get away scot free.

It's extremely bad. Every 3 - 4 days there's been a case of gang rape in the last few months. Just do a google search of rape case in delhi and see how many stories pop up.

I did the searches a while back, don't even know what to say, I can't figure out groups of guys can just do that.

Yeah, it's awful how big that problem became. Hopefully, they'll create a fast track to process those cases. On a somewhat positive note, at least it's being publicly written about in newspapers and not hidden away like a dirty secret. So hopefully improvements are going to be made,

Regarding today's episode, I think they dealt with a really good topic. For dr.s scaring patients into getting surgeries they don't need and tests that are worthless, it's a tragedy since most people can't afford enough to have a decent meal. But I was so impressed by dr.s who perform surgeries at a low cost just for these people. Alhumdulillah! I wish it was happening all over India.