Maniac Muslim Forums
Haku

Shampoo - "No Poo"

but before that, find out the ingredients in horse shampoo. maybe its just the lack of bogus ingredients found in commercial shampoo that's making a difference.

The label on my bottle is off, I'm going to the pharmacy tomorrow I'll check the bottle there and see.

Desis (old school people) don't use shampoo. They use soap to wash their hair.

ew.

i've tried the no poo thing but my head is oily and i feel like it gets even more oily if i don't shampoo. i've heard that you have to wait a couple weeks for your hair to adjust to being shampoo-less but i'm impatient and i like to see instant results. -_-

i am going to do this. when i traveled or went on manuvers in the army i would put hemp oil in my hair and grease it up then afer i would wash it. i'll give it a month to see. no soap or anything.

Horse shampoo -_-

I went and ordered mane n tail, but I feel a bit odd using it.. I am afraid it might make my hair fall out, and i'll have to shave my thin hair off just to get it thick again. I lost a lot of hair when I went on holiday, so i've been feeling afraid that i'll go bald. But i'm starting to think this has only happened because just a year ago I was moaning my hair was so thick, it would take me over an hour trying to straighten it, and I never had much luck with hair bobbles as they broke so easily in my hair :( I want my really thick hair back.

so can we live with only using water or do we have to use other stuphphph

That's too extreme. Don't bathe everyday? Fine. But never bathe? :no: That's just silly. However, I don't use deodorant either. I've never been told I smell by anyone. My clothes don't stink after I've worn them. Although, the day before I asked my mom if I stink and she said yes and laughed so I don't know what she meant. :( I shall ask her again today. -_- I don't sweat a lot except for my palms where all the sweat glands seem to be concentrated thanks to my dad's genes. Alhumdulillah. So I've never had to use deo and it seems I'm not alone.

Earwax comes in two types, wet and dry. The wet form predominates in Africa and Europe, where 97 percent or more of the people have it, and the dry form among East Asians, while populations of Southern and Central Asia are roughly half and half. By comparing the DNA of Japanese with each type, the researchers were able to identify the gene that controls which type a person has, they report in the Monday issue of Nature Genetics.

They then found that the switch of a single DNA unit in the gene determines whether a person has wet or dry earwax. The gene's role seems to be to export substances out of the cells that secrete earwax. The single DNA change deactivates the gene and, without its contribution, a person has dry earwax.

They write that earwax type and armpit odor are correlated, since populations with dry earwax, such as those of East Asia, tend to sweat less and have little or no body odor, whereas the wet earwax populations of Africa and Europe sweat more and so may have greater body odor.

http://www.nytimes.c.../29cnd-ear.html

Now that's really interesting because my ear wax is the dry kind. :wow:

^ it is so truly disgusting to be around people who smell. like, as in the B.O. kinda thing. it's terrible. I HATE HUGGING THEM AND THEY ALWAYS TRY TO HUG ME #$%^&*!@#$%^&

^ lol, aww. Tell me about it. I only remember one girl who had really strong and bad body odour in school. Our teacher was showing us something and I had a good view but then the girl came and stood next to me and I couldn't bear it. I had to move away from her coz she stank! Being able to breath was more important to me than a good view.

Dubai mall in the are in front of the cinema, the AC is crap. I hate staying in the place for too long. You smell stuff you don't ever wanna smell in your life