Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Haku

Chemicals affecting us - children

One is that you and I all have between 30 to 50,000 chemicals in our bodies that our grandparents didn't have.And many of these chemicals are now linked to the skyrocketing incidents of chronic childhood disease that we're seeing across industrialized nations. I'll show you some statistics. So for example, in the United Kingdom, the incidence of childhood leukemiahas risen by 20 percent just in a generation. Very similar statistic for childhood cancer in the U.S. In Canada, we're now looking at one in 10 Canadian children with asthma. That's a four-fold increase.

Again, similar story around the world. In the United States, probably the most astonishing statistic is a 600 percent increase in autism and autistic spectrum disorders and other learning disabilities. Again, we're seeing that trend across Europe, across North America.And in Europe, there's certain parts of Europe, where we're seeing a four-fold increase in certain genital birth defects. Interestingly, one of those birth defects has seen a 200 percent increase in the U.S. So a real skyrocketing of chronic childhood disease that includes other things like obesity and juvenile diabetes, premature puberty.

checkout their website as well

http://www.toxicbaby.com/

Dang. I'm going to send this to my cousin who's pregnant.

When/if I have a child, we're moving to the desert or something.

But you can't escape it, since it passes through the mother anyway :(

Dang. I'm going to send this to my cousin who's pregnant.

When/if I have a child, we're moving to the desert or something.

But you can't escape it, since it passes through the mother anyway :(

dude seriously. you have no idea how many times i've talked about how im going to raise my kid on desert island that's been untouched and with no outsiders. i'm so scared for my kids. we're already screwed but it sucks even more that we're passing it to our kids.

but for real. what are we supposed to do about the water thing? :|

and how are we non-rich people supposed to afford pesticide-free produce?

this video also explains why there are a lot of trannies these days. ha

dude seriously. you have no idea how many times i've talked about how im going to raise my kid on desert island that's been untouched and with no outsiders. i'm so scared for my kids. we're already screwed but it sucks even more that we're passing it to our kids.

But at least it would lessen their chances. Plus, the pessimist in me tells me that it will probably get worse. I just want a list of everything to avoid, but would that list just show everything? Anyone?

I wonder if this is a reason why we have more "girly men" in industrialized countries.

"Girly men" as in homosexual, or "girly men" as in trannies?

I don't really know what you refer to by "girly men".

homosexuals and feminine men.

I don't think we have a increase in hermaphrodites.

homosexuals and feminine men.

I don't think we have a increase in hermaphrodites.

I don't think we can say homosexuality is on the rise, or higher in industralized societies. It just looks different in other societies. There's tons of homosexuality in the Middle East and elsewhere, but it doesn't play out into sexual identities. And I'm sure we all know about the ancient Greeks.

This is just one of the situations in which scientific knowledge has backfired.

Even the chemicals they put in energy drinks are carcinogenic; the sweeteners. This, coupled with the crap we're eating and breathing in, and the emphasis of relying on chemical "potions" while natural solutions already exist for most things (with companies refusing to patent these solutions because of the bucks they're making from their deception) is a ginormous wake-up call.

Like Musa and Oxy, I have this dream in my head from time to time of living off the land somewhere as alienated as it could be from this place. I have absolutely no idea how I can go about this and will probably starve to death, but in the past few years I've realised more and more just how poisoning it is to my mind and body to be a part of this civilization. I absolutely am grateful for everything I have, but at the same time, I feel as though I'm not truly earning my time here.

When I went to Turkey, I visited a small village far up in the mountains. The people there have been known to live healthily due to the low-stress lifestyle, the clean air and the lack of disease. They work for their survival by-day off the land and return home when the sun is setting to spend time with their families. That life is like a dream to me. Utilizing the land and its animals to help one live, earning every moment of their living state with the body. As difficult as it is, wouldn't that feel more fulfilling, ultimately?

I didn't watch the video yet, or read their website, I'll do that at some point, but with something like autism, is it really justifiable to say thats its on the increase because of what we eat? There really hasn't been an answer to why autism exists, i.e. what causes it and in the past, diagnosis was minimal because the diagnostic tools were not available. Autism diagnosis is on the rise because more doctors etc have become more educated about it and are more aware of the signs and symptoms and are therefore in a better situation to diagnose now than they were 50 years ago.

Anyhoo, I do agree that we do have a lot of crap being put into our bodies that we are unaware off. And even trying to be healthy is difficult because you've got be rich to be able to afford non-contaminated products. I started making my own bread each week and it costs be about R50 just for a kg of flour to make two small loaves (and thats without the other necessary ingredients) whereas it would cost me R20 a week to buy a couple of loaves of bread from the store.

I really would like to live on a farm somewhere far away from the hustle and bustle of the cities, with just electricity and running water and growing my own vegetables and having my own goats/cows/chickens stuphph.

But at least it would lessen their chances. Plus, the pessimist in me tells me that it will probably get worse. I just want a list of everything to avoid, but would that list just show everything? Anyone?

Actually, it may increase their chances of getting sick...ever heard of the hygiene hypothesis? People who live in ultra clean environments are usually the first to crumble when a virus or something attacks coz their immunity is zero. Whereas people who occasionally combat diseases have developed greater resistance.