Maniac Muslim Forums
SamikinSkywalker

Voice of a Muslimah - Original Acapellas by SamikinSkywalker

wow...this is beyond official....you and me definitely need to link up and record something together

wow...this is beyond official....you and me definitely need to link up and record something together

Well, lets make it happen. What is step one? :]

I don't like either... they're just a tad unoriginal. But then again most Muslim art seems to be limited in literary scope nowadays. They're still draft versions though, plenty to improve.

Of course I can always improve. :] My brother says the same. Thanks for being honest. It takes courage to be creative, you know.

I would know, I did a bloody degree on it...

I think you're pretty good, Masha'Allah. I suppose you've written more, and these are just two of your songs, but perhaps you could expand out to some deeper ideas. Hijab and modesty are obviously important and relevant topics, but it seems like every Muslim artist does something about them. I like you're lyrics though... they have kind of a poppy thing going to them, but at the same time, they're not talking about B.S.

Thank you, everyone. I love your critique, Musa. You are right, I have written more and I do need to expand on lyrics. The problem is that I don't want to write lyrics that could be assumed to be otherwise. I don't want to sing about how Allah is my only one and someone might think I am singing about a man. You know? I have yet to put all my ideas together. I'm just a baby in the world of music, although I have been singing privately for a while.

Don't worry about what people think and make of it. However, sometimes when songs are about loving Allah, or something like that, they sound really corny in English. I would try and stay away from making anything that is too abundantly obvious and literal about religion. Maybe try and be creative with it, y'know? I don't know, it can be difficult to write songs about religion I think, but usually when lyrics are too literal about Islam, I want to turn it off. That is made all the more worse without music, when all you can really focus on are the lyrics.

That sounds like great advice, I will take it to heart. Have you listened to Yusuf Islam, Sami Yusuf, and others like that? What do you think about their work? And I guess music is about being creative and making the old into the new. I will work on that then. ^_^