Maniac Muslim Forums
Hamzah

Monthly payments

I will try to contribute to the monthly payment (or donation) also, insha'allah. Unfortunately, I don't have pay pal account right now (nor know how that method really works), but once I create one, then insha'allah I can send some money.

I've seen many other forums where the members are encouraged to donate a monthly or a yearly payment if they are able to do so. For MM, however, Hamzah was kind enough to not ask for money and he was somehow able to manage the necessary amount of money needed for the forum all these years. It seems that he is not able to afford that amount of money at the moment. Hence he needs a little more help to keep the forum running.

However, as Hamzah said, this is not something mandatory. The act of donating is only for those of us who have the money and the ability to do so. And yet, it is still optional for everyone. We know that there are many members who may not have a job, or have their own financial problems to take care of, or maybe they are simply too young. So, don't feel bad at all if you are not able to do anything. You are already contributing something just by being here.

i just don't get who would want to pay for it

Lots of people would. If people have been using this forum for years and then as soon as moneys mentioned they scarpper, a bit sad and rude dont you think? All the effort and money Hamzah has put into it, we cant let it go to waste. And its not as if hes asking for hundreds, tens even. A pound or 2, I mean come on that is not much at all.

-sab facebook pr baat nahi kr sakte? pesay deney ki zaroorat kia hai?

-talk on facebook instead

leiken mein angreezi aur urdu me baat kr raha hoon

im talking both languages

The replies I've been getting have been very positive alhamdullilah.

Honestly, I had no idea how I would be able to keep up the forums. But I've been getting some solid replies from people who want to contribute.

I don't see the forums as a profit-generating thing... it's a nice thing for the Muslim community. Not everything needs to be profit-driven.

I think payments are due once a month around the 23rd or so. I'm open to collecting payments beyond PayPal. Like an automatic withdraal from a communal pot sort of thing. I'm not sure how to set that up.

How you do pay through paypal? Can someone explain? - it's okay, I've figured it out! Let's see if it works.