Maniac Muslim Forums

^Then how come you've met so many of them?! :o

^Then how come you've met so many of them?! :o

Everyone - aside from Gulnara - I met at Islamic conventions. How could I be in the same building/room as them and not meet them? However, each encounter is awkward to its own degree. I didn't think meeting Hamzah or WTH was awkward, but I was literally trembling meeting certain people. I also didn't feel particularly well at the past two conventions and I didn't feel like I could converse normal (was tired & headached), and that was making me more anxious and awkward. lol

Also, once I met someone from MM and she said it would be cool if I tagged along with her family. Her aunt was just staring at me and whispering about me the whole time, and that was so awkward. Then her mom and aunt pulled her aside and said something to her, clearly about me, and I texted her to ask if I should dip, and she said yes. That was awkward for other obvious reasons. lol

ME QUIET YOU WAS THE QUIETEST OF ALL !!! :o i do recal it was me who broke the ice I CAME UPTO YOUUUU who was doing the waving?heyyy when you turned round misseyyy :wave: at first your sister was talking more than you wasssssssssssssssssss :o and maria just wondered of towards her friendssss <_<

shame i couldn't sit next to yahh then you just wudda not heard the end of it ME AND MARIA talked when we could... :shifty:

jokesss

but overall i fwt Ferror was quiet AND SOOOO SKINNY I FELT LIKE A MONSTER NEXT TO HER AND HER SISTERRRR... Maria she is as she is Strong headed :whistle: and i...i guess i was less hyper than i am when online... i was normal out of all of theeem :P

OH and yesh MARIA USED HER FAMOUS LINE "SCREW YOU" in her convo :P ahahaha :lol:

but the gurlies was lovlay mashallah

ANYWAYS I THINK US NORTHERNER'S NEED TO MAKE A MEET UP DATE WOULD BE FUUUNNNNN :D

What do you mean by I'm strong headed?

I did? I don't remember. D:

Everyone - aside from Gulnara - I met at Islamic conventions. How could I be in the same building/room as them and not meet them? However, each encounter is awkward to its own degree. I didn't think meeting Hamzah or WTH was awkward, but I was literally trembling meeting certain people. I also didn't feel particularly well at the past two conventions and I didn't feel like I could converse normal (was tired & headached), and that was making me more anxious and awkward. lol

Also, once I met someone from MM and she said it would be cool if I tagged along with her family. Her aunt was just staring at me and whispering about me the whole time, and that was so awkward. Then her mom and aunt pulled her aside and said something to her, clearly about me, and I texted her to ask if I should dip, and she said yes. That was awkward for other obvious reasons. lol

lol, Do you feel awkward most of the time when ur meeting someone from MM.. Doesnt it get easier the more people u meet?

Aw, thats kinda sad.

Im 5' 7" too. I am the shortest and oldest man in my family on both sides! I think Coach coaches basketball, so her perception is skewed. but i think im short. i like it. almost never bump my head and im pre-ducked. i have never met anyone from MM. I don't know if i would be comfortable, i would feel so dorkish and awkward, like i was being watched or something. Musa is flippin' awesome though. did ya see his list?

thats exactly how it feels.

i wanted to run when i first met jasmine. no take care/salaam just run. but that wouldve looked weird.

edit - i mean when i we calmed down and we sat down to eat, not run when i first saw her.

thats exactly how it feels.

i wanted to run when i first met jasmine. no take care/salaam just run. but that wouldve looked weird.

edit - i mean when i we calmed down and we sat down to eat, not run when i first saw her.

LOL!

I think being short is an Asian thing

My dad is 5'6", but all my brothers are much taller than him. Two are at least 6'0" and the younger one is about 5'10". Not Asian btw lol.

Anyways if you think Asians are short, you should see some Yemeni men, they are TINY!

I have met:

Jasmine-

stillcantthinkofaname

Sister Who

Keena

muslimah#1

Arcade Don (not really met, but we saw him as he sat awkwardly in the kitchen XD)

Zimbabwe

Sephorasaurus (I know she's not on MM, but she's already an MMer in advance x3)

Three other oldie MMers I met at Keena's house, but I am unaware of their usernames. ><

Cripes, I didn't think I'd already met that many people (only been here for just over a year). Quite a lot of Londoners on here. It was a pleasure. =)

Next stop, the lovely Ferrero Rocher and Nahla, inshaAllah. :wink:

Wow can people stop with the 5ft11in is short, it's not short it's average

The average height for adult men (25-34) in the UK is 5ft10in (http://www.ic.nhs.uk/statistics-and-data-collections/health-and-lifestyles-related-surveys/health-survey-for-england/health-survey-for-england--2010-trend-tables)

And for the U.S it's 5ft9.5in (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr010.pdf)

So 5ft11 is actually above average if you are living in the UK or US

And for the main question, no I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any MM'ers in real life :(

Zimarina, Fufu, Gambo, Kihaku, Keena, Muslimah#1, I've met them all. :D

dip?

:lol: Owen you are showing your age here..... Dip in this way means he had to skip out, leave, vamoose, adios, duck out, ..... :hmm: there are more but I didn't want to leave you wondering what it meant. MUSA dang I wish I was at the convention. I look forward to meeting MMers in the future Insha Allah.

Has anyone met r-z or GR? just Curious maybe they are not real :fear: