Maniac Muslim Forums
blubbles

What happens to pets when they pass away?

Ok, so my beautiful little hamster zain passed away a couple of days ago... I had him since the end of 2009 so I became really attached to him and was heartbroken when he died :(

Now my question is, what happens to pets when the pass away? Do they go to jannah? I tried researching this briefly the other day, but have found conflicting views. One view suggests that they do, another says they'll go to a different place altogether, and another says that only some animals would be in jannah (but then again my question is about pets rather than general animals if that makes sense).

Anyone know of what happens to pets? I haven't spent long researching this, just checked a few internet sources, but I'm hoping they do go to jannah?

If I ever get to Jannah I want my pets there. I don't know if they would get along with each other but they'll have to learn. I'll be the one surrounded by cats :wink:

Aww me too! I'm sure in jannah they would get along, as isn't everything supposed to be perfect there?

I was just talking to my mum about this, and she said the answer makes sense, because animals don't get judged, so how can they go to heaven or hell? At least if we get to jannah inshallah, we can ask for our pets.

I would totally ask for my little Jimmy Ginger too- the little kitty didn't make it past 8 weeks in this dirty rotten dunya :( He was too precious for it clearly!

Animals in general I'd always understood to be one of the many provisions (and potentially even adornments) of this life- something to eat, as a test in how we treat them, as something useful (hunting, guard dogs, horses and camels for transportation etc) and also a source of mercy and companionship to us (cats!).

The famous hadith about the justice of Allah has the analogy of the ram with no horn taking it's right back from the one-horned ram who had hit him in this dunya- after which they will both be turned to dust- just to show they are there on Yawm ul Qiyamah to demonstrate how perfect and complete Allah's justice is.

“Allah will judge between His creation, jinn, humans and animals. On that Day the score will be settled between the hornless and the horned, until there are no outstanding issues left, then Allaah will say, ‘Be dust!’ At the point the kaafir will say, ‘Would that I were dust!’” Shaykh al-Albaani said: This is saheeh. No. 1966; see al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, part 4, p. 966

Awh I'm so glad others feel the same way as I do about pets... Insha'Allah, if I get to jannah I will ask for my previous hamster too :)

Alhamdulillah I'm just relieved that my hamster zain passed away before we all went away, would have really made me feel bad if we were gone and he was on his own when he passed away. Hate even thinking about it..

Awh I'm so glad others feel the same way as I do about pets... Insha'Allah, if I get to jannah I will ask for my previous hamster too :)

Alhamdulillah I'm just relieved that my hamster zain passed away before we all went away, would have really made me feel bad if we were gone and he was on his own when he passed away. Hate even thinking about it..

To answer the question: I've always read that animals will be turned to dust (cease to exist) in the afterlife, but since there will be special animals of jannah why couldn't a pet owner get his pets there too? InshaAllah, you get all you wish in jannah, even your pets. That's what sounds logical to me.

I read this as "what happens to poets when they pass away?" and in my head I answered "we live on man, we live on."

I would want to wish for my cat who was close like a family member! I loved him so mush as he has been there since I was born and has sadly passed onHe means the world to me and loosing him was extremely hard

I wish that he is waiting for me in jannah inshaallah, curled up in a fuzzyball and purring away.. Dreaming about fish!

I would want to wish for my cat who was close like a family member! I loved him so mush as he has been there since I was born and has sadly passed onHe means the world to me and loosing him was extremely hard

I wish that he is waiting for me in jannah inshaallah, curled up in a fuzzyball and purring away.. Dreaming about fish!

I'm sorry for your loss! Kittehs are love! Also, welcome to MM :wave: