Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Iftaris of the world, Unite!

For me, iftar is basically synonymous with going to the Mosque, given that I don't have a Muslim family & it's free and tarawih is there too. However, this year, I'm tired of the 'ole masjid classic of rice and meat (cut out the meat, and all you've got is rice), so I'm going to try and make some iftars too. So anyway, I was wondering what you lot (trying to connect to my British side) do for iftar. I'm guessing it's somewhat a family event for y'all?

You can use this thread like the suhoor thread, and just post what you're doing/did that night for iftar.

I dont eat at iftaar, I find that if I do then I lose my sense of sabr, which I hate doing. So I just break my fast and have a glass of water. I then proceed to Taraweeh (which is only an hour after iftaar) and then I eat after Taraweeh. Nowadays the end of Taraweeh and the end of Suhoor is only an hour apart for me, so the "iftaar meal" and suhoor is one and the same for me.

Waki you gotta explain to me that degrees thing that means suhoor is earlier for you, because I always knew it as ending as fajr starts.

I don't really eat anything at suhoor because it really bothers my stomach, so I have a drink of water only. At iftar we had mince and pasta (penne).

For me, iftar is basically synonymous with going to the Mosque, given that I don't have a Muslim family & it's free and tarawih is there too. However, this year, I'm tired of the 'ole masjid classic of rice and meat (cut out the meat, and all you've got is rice), so I'm going to try and make some iftars too. So anyway, I was wondering what you lot (trying to connect to my British side) do for iftar. I'm guessing it's somewhat a family event for y'all?

You can use this thread like the suhoor thread, and just post what you're doing/did that night for iftar.

a yankee saying y'all. i..i..im so proud.

I dont eat at iftaar, I find that if I do then I lose my sense of sabr, which I hate doing. So I just break my fast and have a glass of water. I then proceed to Taraweeh (which is only an hour after iftaar) and then I eat after Taraweeh. Nowadays the end of Taraweeh and the end of Suhoor is only an hour apart for me, so the "iftaar meal" and suhoor is one and the same for me.

so you eat once a day? i keep forgetting how far north scottland is.

and i had whole grain spagghetti with tomatoe sauce with cottage cheese. and water.

It was like an "oh, I don't want to leave you out, Iftar... [here]" sort of comment. Kind of tacked on at the end.

Dearest Iftar,

Today, when I ate you, I had salmon, applesauce, and rice. I normally do not eat fish, but for you, among other more important reasons, I decided to dine oh so fine tonight. The fish was pretty good, but then S... started talking about how disgusting raw meat and raw fish are, and then I started to get paranoid about salmonella, so I stopped eating you. But worry not my dear Iftar, because I managed to also whip up a stew. Tomorrow night, I shall eat you at a Masjid, with a dear friend of mine. So please do forgive me for not putting in the same amount of preparation time; for those who do not notice, I have italized and underlined every rhyme (slant rhymes included).

Love,

Musa

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what a slant rhyme is but that made me laugh so hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways.

At my house iftaar is like a two step thing. First we eat a light kinda iftaar thing, then we pray, then we eat our dinner. So for iftaar we had:

- Samosas

- Spring rolls :wub:

- Brownies

- Dates, water, juice, blah bla bla

And then for our dinner we had:

- Salmon :grin:

- Potato wedges

- And something else that I forget

Yum! :yummy:

Ramadan is always amazing, but this Ramadan's Iftars have been so disappointing!! we break our fasts around 8 p.m which is like, midnight for me, and that just upsets me, I *love* food, I love collecting food recipes, I love watching people make food, I love learning how to make food, and most of all, I love eating food! But I just can't do it if I have to eat this late! it's sad, very very sad, watching all that yummy food and not being able to eat it, very very sad, how do you guys up north handle such late Iftars?

The haleem man. If there ain't no haleem there ain't no ifthar :no:

I blackmailed my bro into getting it this year. I made all the savouries and things and I told him the deal is I will make all this food if he gets the haleem every week. Otherwise he can bloody well starve.

Its mainly teeny tiny pies and samoosas and the haleem with naan. I break with a date and milkshake and then read my maghrib then some back and eat some haleem and pies. But not much though. I can't eat a lot for obvious reasons.

For suhoor its just some buttered bread and tea and a banananana!

We break our fast with dates, milk and water and then eat something after praying Maghrib. So we had Nihaari and naan after Maghrib yesterday.

Nihaari:

l.jpg

back when i lived back home:

1. Mommas lentil soup with bread

2. Go pray Maghreb

3. Mommas Spaghetti Bolognese (I always have my mincemeat and sauce in a different bowl)

4. Mommas rice and meat OR mommas steak sandwiches OR mommas salmon and rice OR MY fried chicken OR MY red thai prawn curry OR my brothers Tacos OR YORKSHIRE PUD AND STEAK AND GREEN BEANS AND GRAVY AND MMMMMM AMAZING

5. Food given to us by fellow Muslim neighbours (as we would to them) such as Onion Bhajis, Iraqi food, curries, Chinese takeaway, etc.

6. Salad on the side, consisting of: Olive oil, vinegar, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, sugar and beetroot (OMG SO GD)

7. Dessert, usually something like Angel Delight or chocolate pudding or my brother would bake us something or they'd get me to make like before iftar :)

8. Taraweeh.