Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Iftaris of the world, Unite!

I ate a mint on the bus. En route to a really great iftar with fun Muslims and good food, Alhamdulillah. (bus was running late)

I did a 10km scenic walk (I took some crappy pictures I might post) I couldn't run but my ankle held up fine, but again, it was my shoulder hurting - anyway, I was so thirsty. So. I just made lemonade and strawberry banana smoothie. Cant wait to quench my thirst inshaAllah, there's just 25 min left till the last iftaar of Ramadaan 2013/<insert Islamic year here>

1434 H

back when i lived back home:

1. Mommas lentil soup with bread

2. Go pray Maghreb

3. Mommas Spaghetti Bolognese (I always have my mincemeat and sauce in a different bowl)

4. Mommas rice and meat OR mommas steak sandwiches OR mommas salmon and rice OR MY fried chicken OR MY red thai prawn curry OR my brothers Tacos OR YORKSHIRE PUD AND STEAK AND GREEN BEANS AND GRAVY AND MMMMMM AMAZING

5. Food given to us by fellow Muslim neighbours (as we would to them) such as Onion Bhajis, Iraqi food, curries, Chinese takeaway, etc.

6. Salad on the side, consisting of: Olive oil, vinegar, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, sugar and beetroot (OMG SO GD)

7. Dessert, usually something like Angel Delight or chocolate pudding or my brother would bake us something or they'd get me to make like before iftar :)

8. Taraweeh.

The way you typre 'mommas' it makes me think you're talking about a much loved restaurant :P One of those old school types that used to be named 'Mommas such and such'

Haleem, its all about the haleem :yummy:

I made quesadillas for iftar last night, (not from a dinner kit) they were gorgeous! Especially the melted cheese and sweet peppers. Yum! Tonight out iftar will be at the mosque inshallah, and I'm planning meals for next week. Gonna even do parmos one day inshallah!

P1013930.JPG

- Parmo, the delicacy of Middlesbrough lol

Recipe please?

Taking a walk down memory lane, has it already been a year?! Awww good San Franciscan memories. Don't mind me, I'm just wallowing in nostalgia.

Most nights I've been eating at a masjid or somewhere. Non-lonely Iftars ftw, Alhamdulillah. But I finally had a legit (read: unhealthy fried things) iftar at home!

gtXaOIZl.jpg

Food trucks!

I missed the bus to the fun Masjid so I had Iftar with some old ladies, and a lonely dinner. Oh wells.

Cold and solitary yet awesome Iftar today. Apple, pretzels, water, tea, while watching the sunset on the ocean. Then I prayed Maghrib on a towel on the sand. Alhamdulillah, it was great. The only thing this beach lacks is sunlight.

jbbpcgOKtVLLkD_e.jpg

I ate a mint on the bus. En route to a really great iftar with fun Muslims and good food, Alhamdulillah. (bus was running late)

Ramadan always inspires my inner chef!
I made vegetarian quesadillas, cucumber+watermelon+feta 'salad' and kale 'chips', aka leaves (I know, I know. Stop)

*poem deleted because there are some things you don't want to look back at a few years down the road :P *

I wish I kept this poem. I dont remember what I wrote :(

Ramadan always inspires my inner chef!

I made vegetarian quesadillas, cucumber+watermelon+feta 'salad' and kale 'chips', aka leaves (I know, I know. Stop)

Watermelon in a salad?