Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Iftaris of the world, Unite!

i know we get hungry when fasting, but this is actively deliberately obsessing about food. kinda not the spirit, no?

Maybe you feel like that because a lot of Desi families get into eating a lot for Ramadan, so you're thinking of this thread in those terms. But I made this thread to talk about iftar experiences, since I'm curious what you lot in Muslim families normally do. I was interested in like if you eat with your families, if you go to Mosques, etc.. I don't really associate Ramadan with obsessing about food. But I do think it is a fun time of the year and I enjoy going to iftar dinners, because you get to see people in the community who you might not see often. It's one of the few times of the year I talk with random Muslims who are not already friends. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Hence, if you read my OP, I didn't say that I'm wondering what you guys ate. I said, "You can use this thread like the suhoor thread, and just post what you're doing/did that night for iftar."

p.s. Maybe you haven't read much or put much thought into feasts, but it's typically considered more a social activity than a food-obsessing one.

*poem deleted because there are some things you don't want to look back at a few years down the road :P *

lmao i know. :P

well it only took me a minute to write up. But I'm going to bed now.

I had chicken and rice at the mosque last night. Very nice!

I eat at home every night. Usually its a rush to get home and prepare but after a certain someone threw her toys out the proverbial cot, a brother folk decided to do the supper yesterday. Was a very nice change -_-

*poem deleted because there are some things you don't want to look back at a few years down the road :P *

Aw :( I liked that poem..Also I thought this thread was more about getting to know different cultural norms during Ramadhan from different people.

Its different every year for me (or maybe I forget the routine so it seems new to me? :o) khair we have friut, chana and some oily fried thing for iftar. Then everyone has dinners at different times lol my brother eats after taraweeh, mum eats before and I dont know when I eat, I think in between cuz after taraweeh im too full. Ill see what happens today :D

I eat at home every night. Usually its a rush to get home and prepare but after a certain someone threw her toys out the proverbial cot, a brother folk decided to do the supper yesterday. Was a very nice change -_-

because your cooking is awful

What, no curry? What kind of a Paki are you?

Curry for dinner, not iftar :P

The best one out there

Yup that's right ;)

I just had dates and channa today. Lots of dates :yummy:

Yesterday I made a lasagne for iftar, I used fresh pasta which is much better! I usually have some fruit after my meal, its how they do it in Libya. Your dessert is usually any fruit that's in season.

Fruit chaat is a total desi thing.

Today I made spaghetti! It's way easier than I thought it would be, considering how scrumptious it is.

And date cookies. Those are delicious. They're basically dates and those healthy baby biscuits (or biscuits with a baby on the box, not sure if that's supposed to mean that they're for babies).