Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Iftaris of the world, Unite!

because your cooking is awful

If that was true they would have all died of starvation. And he was simply frying/ baking the food I had already made. So it can't be awful if they are still eating it.

Pies tonight. I hope they taste decent. Mum is buying from some place I've never eaten at. I want pizza though. I think we'll get that tomorrow.

If that was true they would have all died of starvation. And he was simply frying/ baking the food I had already made. So it can't be awful if they are still eating it.

Pies tonight. I hope they taste decent. Mum is buying from some place I've never eaten at. I want pizza though. I think we'll get that tomorrow.

So did they come out ok?????

I had mango milkshake, apple and melon and pakoreh.

Dates, water.

It's a little hard for me to take solid/dry foods at that point, and haven't had any fluids all day so it's my preference to start with soup to settle my stomach. Then maybe some fool (broad beans, parsley, tomato etc.), followed by the main meal a little later which is anything. Today I had some kousa and malfoof mahshi, the stuffed courgettes and cabbage leaves. Two things I otherwise hate with the exception of when they are made into these two dishes. OMNOMNOM. <3

Thats what I do too. I have my haleem and then much later I have a proper 'meal'. Well, just the leftover pies and samoosas :P

So did they come out ok?????

Yeah, they did alhamdulillah. It was a bit spicey for her though. She's on a new diet and its driving me insane because she can't eat so many things.

Y'know, I never really realized there was a difference between iftar and dinner until this thread. I always just refer to "iftar" as dinner during Ramadan.

Anyway, I had the perfect iftar/dinner tonight. Miso soup, salad w/ homemade dressing, grape leaves, and dates with cream cheese. And almond milk.

Healthy, moderate, and tasty. =)

Will probably have to eat a little bit more later tonight since that's not really very much food. It's all very light stuff.

you know you ate a lot when you have to undo the top button of your skirt/pants.

Skirts have buttons? :o

lol never really thought 'bout dat.

I don't think mine do...

I did a soya hotdog with cheese and chips last night. It was so yummy but then I felt sick afterwards. I'm not used to eating actual food :lol:And the cheese was a bit on the sweet side.

OMG no more haleem :(

What is haleem?

*le gasp* :o It is the brothy awesomeness that warms a cold belly on an ifthar eve. I still have some left over :yummy:

I really don't like haleem, it takes of bland gloop. Why would you slow cook meat for SO LONG that it becomes a pulp! Like, really- why!?

I do like NIhari though :yum:

(The connection between these two dishes is that most Indian restaurants only do them at the weekend because of how laborious they are to cook!)

I really don't like haleem, it takes of bland gloop. Why would you slow cook meat for SO LONG that it becomes a pulp! Like, really- why!?

I do like NIhari though :yum:

(The connection between these two dishes is that most Indian restaurants only do them at the weekend because of how laborious they are to cook!)

You can't have had good haleem. You basically remove all of the flavour of the meat into the 'gloop', (It's almost pointless making haleem with boneless meat LOL).