Maniac Muslim Forums
cubster

Harry Potter and the Thread of Appreciation!

I have not forgotten about responding to this :P

yeh but everyone thought Barty was Moody, so technically Moody got away with it. yeh Snape did do that but that was cos Harry went and looked at those memories in the Pensieve, the ones Snape deliberately took out! He was SO angry at that though and I think he just couldnt control his anger a lot of the time.

Moody was mentally disturbed though. They shouldn't have had him teaching at all tbh. But I suppose Dumbledore wanted students to start learning how to protect themselves because he knew it was only a matter of time before Voldy came back?

Yeah, I get Snape's anger at Harry seeing his thoughts but he should have hid the pensieve better -_- He should have known what nosy parker Harry Potter was considering all the trouble he's gotten himself into since he got to Hogwarts.

Thats true, but Snape and James hated each other and obviously Snape was jealous of James cos he got Lily. But yeh that was spiteful of him. But I think Voldy would have killed her anyway cos she was a muggle, even if she wasnt the mother of the baby he was so afraid of :P

I don't know :hmm: If Lily hadn't got between Harry and himself, Voldy would have left her. I think if Snape had asked him to under different circumstances he may have left her alive. But she got in his way and I guess he forgot what the body bind curse at that particular moment :P

But there still would have been paintings of him in other places, or even in peoples homes. Maybe his brother Aberforth had one? yeh, apparently the portraits of old headmasters/mistresses automatically appear in the head teachers office when they die, so Dumbys one was there from the day he died. But it would have been difficult for Harry to get in there anyway so he wouldnt have been able to have a talk with him.

They never mentioned Dumbledores portraits at all during the series, except for the one in the Headmaster's Office but I also think that his portraits would have been watched over? If they were in important places or something they would have had people watching them?

I get what you mean, I didnt understand why they needed a wand to apparate either, but the point is, a wand was there to direct the magic. Maybe when Harry grew his hair back or did some other stuff he had another object from which he directed the magic? Like a pen or something?

I understand the concept that the wand directs the magic. Streamline's it so to speak. But it should exist even without the wand. I suppose its like a child's imagination which is wild and free and limitless until they go to school/ reach a certain age and they lose that innocence and ability to think freely.

I have not forgotten about responding to this :P

Moody was mentally disturbed though. They shouldn't have had him teaching at all tbh. But I suppose Dumbledore wanted students to start learning how to protect themselves because he knew it was only a matter of time before Voldy came back?

Yeah, I get Snape's anger at Harry seeing his thoughts but he should have hid the pensieve better -_- He should have known what nosy parker Harry Potter was considering all the trouble he's gotten himself into since he got to Hogwarts.

I don't know :hmm: If Lily hadn't got between Harry and himself, Voldy would have left her. I think if Snape had asked him to under different circumstances he may have left her alive. But she got in his way and I guess he forgot what the body bind curse at that particular moment :P

They never mentioned Dumbledores portraits at all during the series, except for the one in the Headmaster's Office but I also think that his portraits would have been watched over? If they were in important places or something they would have had people watching them?

I understand the concept that the wand directs the magic. Streamline's it so to speak. But it should exist even without the wand. I suppose its like a child's imagination which is wild and free and limitless until they go to school/ reach a certain age and they lose that innocence and ability to think freely.

Yeh it WAS weird how Moody got to be a teacher! He was a bit of a careless person when it came to finding death eaters. I dont get how Crouch managed to get him with all those instruments and magic that Moody must have had in his home.

lol, Yeh, well NOSY PARKER HARRY POTTER SHOULDNTVE DONE THAT. He got what he deserved that time :P

I dont think he particularly forgot.. he just didnt care for peoples lives so killing was like second nature to him by then. You know how Harry nearly always used Expelliarmus? I think voldy was auto tuned to use Avada Kadavra lol. But I still think he would have killed Lily later on anyway. Cos they didnt care for muggles and she would have fought against him anyway with The order.

Yeh it was just weird how the portraits werent really mentioned. I think she probably avoided it so it would be harder for HP to get answers. The final book was a bit gloomy towards Dumby. I got a headache with those parts lol. Like half the story was about the horcruxes and half about the Hallows and Dumby. It was a bit of a muddle.

Meh, I duno. Maybe its the fact that when kids start developing, the magic develops too, so when they start becoming adults, the magic is more powerful and they NEED a wand to control it? :unsure:

Yeh it WAS weird how Moody got to be a teacher! He was a bit of a careless person when it came to finding death eaters. I dont get how Crouch managed to get him with all those instruments and magic that Moody must have had in his home.

Moody as a teacher was necessary for them. I think Dumbledore wanted the students to start learning to prepare themselves for what was to come and even though, it was actually Barty Crouch Jr they did learn quite a lot from him. Moody would have been a good teacher in the sense that he had something to offer but not good in the sense that he was unstable :lol:

I also don't get how Crouch Jr managed to get him so easy. And then to successfully be Moody for so long. Did he study Moody or what to know how to act like him in public or did he just think that he would act like a crazy person and every one would stay out of his way?

I do like how they get called Professor but they have no teaching qualifications :lol:

I dont think he particularly forgot.. he just didnt care for peoples lives so killing was like second nature to him by then. You know how Harry nearly always used Expelliarmus? I think voldy was auto tuned to use Avada Kadavra lol. But I still think he would have killed Lily later on anyway. Cos they didnt care for muggles and she would have fought against him anyway with The order.

Good point. Harry, I think should have learnt more spells. He has minimal knowledge tbh and I don't see how he could have been an Auror because he couldn't even do non-verbal spells and that is something you need when you are facing an enemy. When he was attacking Snape at the end of HBP he was sending spells and Snape knew exactly how to deflect and could do it easily and attack easily because Harry didn't know how to do non-verbal spells.

Harry is just an average spare tbh. He would have been nothing without Ron and Hermione. Mostly Hermione lol

Yeh it was just weird how the portraits werent really mentioned. I think she probably avoided it so it would be harder for HP to get answers. The final book was a bit gloomy towards Dumby. I got a headache with those parts lol. Like half the story was about the horcruxes and half about the Hallows and Dumby. It was a bit of a muddle.

I think she was trying to tie up a lot of loose ends. People wanted to know more about Dumbledore and so she gave that to them. We saw how power corrupted Voldemort and in DH we learnt how Dumbledore almost got corrupted by that same thirst for power. So its almost like looking at the same side of a different coin. Although Dumbledore did have a better upbringing than Voldemort. However, I would have liked to have learnt more about his sister and what happened to her and their parents.

I always think that poor Neville got the worst of everything. I mean, Harry and Ron were best friends. Dean and Seamus were best friends. And Neville was this odd one out. He was on friendly terms with some people but did he really even have friends? And yet he was so loyal to Harry! I always wondered why Dumbledore didn't make him a prefect. The fact that he was able to stand up to the trio in their first year proves that he has what it takes. And it was only his lack of confidence that left him a poor spell maker. He would have gotten a real confidence boost had he been a prefect and I think he should have deserved it more than Ron or Harry. I never thought Harry would have made prefect or that he should have.

As much as I like Harry Potter it really pisses me off when these 'fans' call LOTR rubbish! There are SO many LOTR references and ideas in HP. All you have to do is watch the movies and you can see it. They need to go educate themselves.