Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Lighthearted moments during prayer

No matter what we're doing, an unusual and ultimately amusing moment can strike at any time.

Has anything notable happened at home or at the masjid for you? It could just be a memorable moment or something you saw that made you giggle inside.

My dad's belly kept rumbling today and he knocked his bum quite loudly on my cupboard during ruku. I felt so bad but it was a bit hard to not laugh for a second. Evidently I have not yet adjusted to this sort of thing happening. >__<

It was a huge family iftaar and I was praying next to my cousin. His son is a little devil, he stood in front of me and him ( we were both at the backline, behind everybody) and started doing funny faces). I had to repeat my prayer at least 4 times along with my cousin. We were in tears.

The worst thing is when you have just finished having a really intense laughing-session with friends and it's time to pray so you try to sober up as you get ready to stand and pray. Then your SCUMBAG BRAIN starts replaying all the jokes and punchlines to you again in your head in those seconds before and you're in this paralysed middle-space between being *just* about to do the opening takbeer and being dangerously on-edge to re-laugh at all the jokes.

I think I need to sit in a dark room by myself for about 10 minutes as a barrier between having giggles with people and needing to pray.

Mom and I were praying taraweeh in the masjid one Ramadan and when it comes to going in sujood, this little baby crawls over to my mom and sits on her head. Oh I tried so so SO hard to not let a laugh slip out. That baby would just not leave my mom alone. She would sit where my mom had to do sajdah or just lie down and smile at her. Adorable kid but a devil in disguise. :no:

I was headbutted in the tailbone by a kid during prayer at the mosque. Not sure if its funny cos it hurt like hell.

We're standing in Taraweeh during a Ramadaan, and a friend answers a phone call whilst stood in Salaah: 'Hello?...Yeah, you alright bruv? Nah, I'm praying innit. Okay, chat you you later. Safe'. He hung up and continued praying as though nothing had happened.

You know what's annoying, when you're coming up from sajdah and your head gets trapped in the thobe of the gentleman in front of you :no:

Also when people step on your head when you're in sajdah

When you're wearing salwar kameez and the person next to you has their fat legs on your kameez and you try to get up and fall

Hmm what else :hmm:

I'll edit later...

^Thats why I'm so glad that I can pray at home, by myself. I can't deal with praying in public. I get anxiety attacks. And then the females are always walking all over the place and they talk so damn much all the time.

I don't pray Eid prayer anymore because no doubt someone is always praying on my feet and my head. I can barely move due to no space. It's just ridiculous, if I saw the room was full, I wouldn't insist on placing my head on someone's feet, I'd just leave the room. So it doesn't even help if you arrive early cos people come in after and squish everyone. At least its not a fardh prayer!

Also, that awkward moment when you go for sujood and Basement Cat thinks you've died and takes it upon herself to try to revive you :no: I either get slapped on the back of the head or bitten and my burkah almost pulled off :P

Yes, all my stories involve cats -_-