Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yaya

story contest

We do have BBC here. Its possible for us, here in SA, to watch British shows. On satellite channels at least. I don't have that though.

The night was pitch dark, and the moon was full. The town was silent, save for the footsteps of two men taking paces. The clock struck 12 and bells begun to chime, echoing through the abandoned settlement. Eli turned and took the shot. The blast from his revolver scattered a few birds and continued for a few seconds. Then silence. Eli stood there alive and began advancing to his opponents corpse for inspection, he couldn't see much in the darkness. However upon arrival, there was nothing and suddenly this had turned from a duel to a game of cat and mouse. Eli knew full well that he was the mouse. He saw footsteps in the sand trailing to the saloon and suddenly ran the opposite way towards cover. A succession of gun shots followed, one hitting Eli in the leg and the other in his arm and two more on his back. He stammered to the ground before crawling behind the old pharmacy.

"Ya know Eli, you'd be a goner if I didn't hav ta reload." The calmness in his opponents tone assured Eli he was going to die.

Eli leaned up against the wall to help relieve his back and began to source the approaching footsteps. In a moment of panic he closed his eyes and blindly emptied his gun in their general direction. After the blasts had faded and the cries of crows died out Eli opened his eyes and listened. Silence. Eli turned to see what had happened and saw what looked to be a gun shining in the moonlight. Crawling on his belly, he began approaching the area hoping to find a corpse. Upon arrival he found nothing. Suddenly Eli turned pale. In a panic he looked for ways out when he suddenly felt the wet earth beneath him. He quickly looked up to find what looked like his old assailant lying on the ground as dead as a door nail. After a sigh of relief he whistled for his horse.

This story is actually too good for MM

Hmm interesting. Pretty good storytelling. The story itself, I don't know, it's just somewhat predictable for me...lol I'm a big fan of Stephen King, so guess I've just gotten used to twists and turns and unusual stories.

Hmm interesting. Pretty good storytelling. The story itself, I don't know, it's just somewhat predictable for me...lol I'm a big fan of Stephen King, so guess I've just gotten used to twists and turns and unusual stories.

lol i never read so i thought i was being super original.. i guess not

Anyway what did you edit out i wanna no

Nothing...nothing at all. :ph34r:

:P

Well you're off to a nice start if you want to write good stories. I think it was well-written. You've never read scary stories?!

Nothing...nothing at all. :ph34r:

:P

Well you're off to a nice start if you want to write good stories. I think it was well-written. You've never read scary stories?!

IF IT WAS A STORY YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO POST IT

Not really.. If I want an experience like that I either play games or watch movies. I think if I was to do anything creative I'd be like a director. That way someone else writes the story and it leaves you with more space on how to tell it.