Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randomthrowaway

Van or SUV?

So with my expanding family, we decided we don't want to drive a tiny Honda Civic anymore. I want to buy a van but I'm not opposed to a roomy SUV. If we buy a van, I'm thinking a Honda Odyssey or a Nissan Quest. I like Nissans, the husband likes Hondas. For those of you car people, what would be best? My husband works in home renovation so he needs to have room in whatever vehicle we choose to haul his tools and materials (largish air compressor, largish saws, nails guns, drywall, wood and whathaveyou.) That's until we get him a truck which I will save for another thread. We don't want to get it on finance (no riba, ya'll!) so don't talk about $30k vehicles lol.

Van to me seems more practical.

Yeah. I mean, I can't imagine going grocery shopping at Sam's Club in a civic with two kids. It's hard enough with one. We have like no room to put all the stuff so I end up burying my child in commercial sized jars of mayonaisse and croissants. I feel like with a van, we'll have room to have the kids and all the other crap. Plus sometimes we go places with other people so the extra seats would also be nice.

Yeah. I mean, I can't imagine going grocery shopping at Sam's Club in a civic with two kids. It's hard enough with one. We have like no room to put all the stuff so I end up burying my child in commercial sized jars of mayonaisse and croissants. I feel like with a van, we'll have room to have the kids and all the other crap. Plus sometimes we go places with other people so the extra seats would also be nice.

I'm sure there's still plenty of room in your civic. Back when I was a kid, my mom would fit me, my 3 other siblings, and all the groceries in a 1999 Corolla. MashaAllah, so much baraqa in that Toyota! It died now though so RIP.

But a little breathing room doesn't hurt, especially if you need to fit in air compressors -- my vote goes to the van over the SUV :)

Minivans...-cringe

Id go for the odyssey, even though im a nissan fan as well

Gotta do what you gotta do bro. I got kids and need the space. I can't be driving around in a little 2-doored coupe.

No love for this beast?

01-03_Toyota_Sienna_LE.jpg

Actually I do like Toyota Sienna. But I like the features of the Quest, they're really easy to find with navigation systems and DVD players built in. And Honda Odysseys seem to be very reliable. What does the Sienna boast?

Gotta do what you gotta do bro. I got kids and need the space. I can't be driving around in a little 2-doored coupe.

Actually I do like Toyota Sienna. But I like the features of the Quest, they're really easy to find with navigation systems and DVD players built in. And Honda Odysseys seem to be very reliable. What does the Sienna boast?

Besides aesthetics? Well, let's see here...

- coffee cup holders

- power windows

Like, the list just goes ON!

Love the Sienna.

coffee cup holders? HOW REVOLUTIONARY! and here I am, holding my coffee with my hands like a savage.

It's dangerous too, you could burn yourself holding a hot cup of coffee.

Sienna's really value your safety. Great all around vehicle.

Id stick with reliability. What year are the vans you are looking at? Are they the ones in pics? Gone for a test drive?

It's dangerous too, you could burn yourself holding a hot cup of coffee.

Sienna's really value your safety. Great all around vehicle.

Next your going to tell me they have special straps to keep you secured in your seat in the event of an accident. I really think you're pulling my leg.

Id stick with reliability. What year are the vans you are looking at? Are they the ones in pics?

2004-2006. Depends on what I find. I really don't want to buy from Craigslist, either, because both cars I bought from craigslist in the past have been junky cars. ('93 Nissan Altima (my first self-bought car, $900! lasted me a whole 2 months before I scrapped it for $250!), and a 1999 Saab 95 which... sadly I was an idiot when I bought it for $3300 and then ended up having to sell for $500. Huuuuuuuuuuuuge loss on that car. Word to the wise..don't buy a car because it's pretty. :(