Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randomthrowaway

Van or SUV?

Shock absorbers, maybe. Might wear out tie rods, CV joints, control arms, etc...keyword maybe. Other than that, not really. It will just be a bit more dangerous to drive because the car will hop around and you wont have very good handling capabilities

You can drive around on bald tires, again will just be dangerous. Especially in the rain. I'm driving around on bald tires, and although the handling blows I like spinning my tires when the road is wet -puts on cool shades-

You should be fine though, it's really only dangerous if you drive like a madman

Hey, sorry I didn't reply, I did read it after you posted though!

Yeh my dad tries not to leave bald tyres on too long because in the UK you can get fined and points put on your licence for each bald tyre. That's the main reason for changing them lol.

I haven't noticed the car handling any differently while needing new shock absorbers, so maybe its ok? We still need them though, gonna get those replaced inshallah.

Yeh my dad tries not to leave bald tyres on too long because in the UK you can get fined and points put on your licence for each bald tyre. That's the main reason for changing them lol.

Same story here in the states. Be careful in the rain though, I hydroplaned at 10mph and hit a curb lol

I haven't noticed the car handling any differently while needing new shock absorbers, so maybe its ok? We still need them though, gonna get those replaced inshallah.

Word. My ride was terrible and very bouncy when my shocks were blown. You gunna try n replace them yourself? :)

Same story here in the states. Be careful in the rain though, I hydroplaned at 10mph and hit a curb lol

Word. My ride was terrible and very bouncy when my shocks were blown. You gunna try n replace them yourself? :)

I'll be careful when the tyres go bald again lol. Do you know how often wipers should be replaced? The back one does nothing now cos the rubber part fell off.

Nah not myself, my dad always goes to same garage though, he knows the mechanic pretty well now. He went somewhere else once to get something fixed on a car we don't have anymore, and they burnt some of the paintwork off, and denied it was them. Nutters. Stick with what you know! People are always out to rip you off these days.

I'll be careful when the tyres go bald again lol. Do you know how often wipers should be replaced? The back one does nothing now cos the rubber part fell off.

Nah not myself, my dad always goes to same garage though, he knows the mechanic pretty well now. He went somewhere else once to get something fixed on a car we don't have anymore, and they burnt some of the paintwork off, and denied it was them. Nutters. Stick with what you know! People are always out to rip you off these days.

I would say whenever they go bad, there's no rough amount of miles Imo. Sounds like yours are done

Word, it is all about finding an honest mechanic. I was always inclined to do my own work, so with the the help of some good friends (AH) I started doing small stuff and am working towards bigger jobs :) I think that's the best because you save a lot of moolah if you do it right.