Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sal_the_man

Homemade In-Car Camera Mount

So, I've been reseurrecting this subthread by posting a lot, and I feel bad...but who cares YOLO

What's needed:

2 U-Bolts - mine were 1" long and 1/4" wide

4 Wingnuts - 1/4" obviously

1/4 " - 20, 1" long screw - Used to mount camera

3/4" Piece of wood, or hollow aluminum tube - get the tube and dont be cheap like me (Im a student ;) )

Ruler

Sharpie

A Brain and two hands

Tools used:

Hacksaw

Drill & Drill bits (1/4")

IMG_0087_zpsf83f9f36.jpg

I don't remember why I used the ruler, but member kids smokey's friends dont play with fire

IMG_0090_zpseba1c111.jpg

IMG_0094_zpsfb39f551.jpg

Camera bolt through here

IMG_0097_zpsac39915a.jpg

IMG_0095_zps421ee9cf.jpg

Vid to come, still play between camera and mount, have to tighten it up

Alright, so I'm a pretty paranoid and self- conscious guy but does using the wood seem cheap? I was going to use aluminum but have a lot of wood laying around in the house. I don't think it's humiliatingly cheap. Some guys on a car forums thought it was hideous, other friends think it's fine. Thoughts?

Does its job well, that's all I care about

If it's functional then why would you go out and spend extra money on it? It does its job well. And it's not like you see the mount in the actual video. Maybe if you painted it then you could free yourself of your mad paranoia :lol:

If it's functional then why would you go out and spend extra money on it? It does its job well. And it's not like you see the mount in the actual video. Maybe if you painted it then you could free yourself of your mad paranoia :lol:

Yeah I got you, I just like to get a lot of input on whatever work I have. Things to improve, things I do well, I don't JUST like hearing good things. Also have to hear the bad, but that gets to me lol

Bump, my friend and I decided to go for a drive today. We usually go on backroads that we've pre scouted, normally empty, and away from residential areas. Racing in traffic is a big no no for us. We like turns :). Look at it in HD!

Yeah I live in a valley in the countryside. Very serene, especially in the winter when it's covered with snow

Guest ...

you can buy these cheap chinese video car cams for like 30$ or something and they work well! in day light.

you can buy these cheap chinese video car cams for like 30$ or something and they work well! in day light.

You have an example or link?