Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maethorion

Horsemeat in beef burgers

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21038521

Investigations are under way to try to find out how beefburgers on sale in UK and Irish Republic supermarkets became contaminated with horsemeat.

Irish food safety officials, who carried out tests two months ago, said the products had been stocked by a number of chains including Tesco and Iceland stores in the UK.

They said there was no human health risk and the burgers had been removed.

Tesco said it was "working... to ensure it does not happen again".

The UK's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) said it was working with the Food Standards Agency (FSA) to "urgently investigate" how the products came to contain horsemeat.

sooo......Someone went and did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3Igvsl8np7c

I'm sure ready frozen "halal" burger patties also contain some pretty horrendous stuff. Abu S is reading "Not on the label" and was just telling me about a random sample inspection of chicken nuggets which showed each one contained up to 40% skin. Shudder.

I'm sure ready frozen "halal" burger patties also contain some pretty horrendous stuff. Abu S is reading "Not on the label" and was just telling me about a random sample inspection of chicken nuggets which showed each one contained up to 40% skin. Shudder.

I eat Quorn burgers and sausages, not real meat but tastes real so I'm happy with that.

Thank you! Any good food exposé themed videos you would recommend further?

I eat Quorn burgers and sausages, not real meat but tastes real so I'm happy with that.

Same! I love mushrooms and tofu too...and they're pretty "meaty" for vegetarian options too!

Thank you! Any good food exposé themed videos you would recommend further?

Same! I love mushrooms and tofu too...and they're pretty "meaty" for vegetarian options too!

I also love Quorn pieces, seriously even better than real chicken! I have never tried tofu though.

Haha, oh God. It's crazy people like this who keep the world interesting sometimes.

Also, this is why I just stick with filet-o-fish burgers. Ground chicken, horse and cow intestines, kidneys, skin, brains (and whatever else they consider 'burger meat') in one patty?

Yeukh. No thanks.

what is wrong with intestines and brains.

the main thing about horse meat is that you don't know what the hell else there is in that burger