Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maethorion

Horsemeat in beef burgers

what is wrong with intestines and brains.

There's nothing wrong with the parts themselves. But clumping them all together in one mass.. it's not something I would order. -shrugs-

Someone asked me if we should stop eating normal supermarket burgers now because horse meat is haram.

Someone asked me if we should stop eating normal supermarket burgers now because horse meat is haram.

We can't eat them anyway, they're not halal. Unless they are where you live? (I know some supermarkets in cities stock halal meat).

The hype over this whole horse meat thing is almost hilarious in a ridicuous way.

If horse meat was sold in supermarkets and was laballed "horse meat", nobody would be crying over it, but it's horse meat with beef. It doesn't suggest its contaminated, and besides the fact that people have been decieved, there isn't actually anything wrong with eating horse meat if you're alright with eating cows.. At least I don't think so. Meat is meat, and I bet cows and horses taste all the same.

its dodgy because it's meant to be a beef burger.

when someone discovers some as random as horse in there it makes you think what other random crap is in here?

but im not saying that horse meat is bad or anything. its just seems like a really random thing to have in there, and it makes the guys who made those burgers seem really careless or people that just throw stuff together and make a burger

Oh I meant to say, I don't think horse meat is haram (to clarify when I replied to Dee I was talking about supermarket beef burgers, untainted lol) but I think we avoid it because horses can help us. As in we can ride them and in the old days they pulled carriages.

^Horse meat is permissible, but some say it's disliked and best to avoid (The Ahnaaf).

I'm not surprised about this to be honest. I remember years ago they took a sample of a McDonald's burger and found strands of different animal DNA in it. Also with regards to burgers if I remember correctly, only a certain percentage (35% if I'm not mistaken) of the burger itself must contain 'meat'. Then there's the addition of collagen, fat and bulking agents to increase it's mass and volume.

Lol, if they think that's bad, they should check to see what desi takeaways use as meat

If you knew what donner really was, I don't think you'd eat it again post-996-1220564058.gif

Also my old biochem teacher told us camel meat is often found in Asian takeaways

Lol, if they think that's bad, they should check to see what desi takeaways use as meat

If you knew what donner really was, I don't think you'd eat it again post-996-1220564058.gif

Also my old biochem teacher told us camel meat is often found in Asian takeaways

Haven't eaten it for years, its so greasy!

Just because of this I am happy I don't eat burgers(or processed meats!). Also, I live in New Zealand, where you can see cows roaming free, and are guaranteed that's all you're getting in your burger patties.