Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hazera

Poetry Competition

Assalamuilikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu,

Bismillah

I'd like to introduce our first poetry competion of 2013, inshaAllah.

So let's get started, :)

Here are the rules thus far: ( I may add or deduct some rules after, i'll see how the first competition goes inshaAllah)

• poetry is to be 14 lines long can't be any longer but can be shorter, upto you how you break the poetry up. (subject to change)
  • Keep it clean, (as much as possiable, i will be reading them before hand and if i deem it unfit then i will not post it.)
  • Make sure when you send the poetry piece you label it with your username on MM

Dealine: 22/02/2013

Time: 11.59pm UK time.

Theme: Life

E-mail: MMPoetryComp2013@yahoo.co.uk (please can someone send an email, just to see if it works)

So Let the writing begin! Have FUN

Peace :wave:

why do we have to put our name? shouldn't it be anonymous like the photography contest?

it is going to be anonymous just for my reference so i can reveal the winner afterwards!

it is going to be anonymous just for my reference so i can reveal the winner afterwards!

oh right. lol. this makes sense.

14 lines or 14 rhymes (which could be 28 lines?) I feel like it shouldn't be limited to being so short, especially for a competition, and doubly for a competition for pieces about 'life' Is this open to negotiation?

Writeous' ego amuses me.

14 lines or 14 rhymes (which could be 28 lines?) I feel like it shouldn't be limited to being so short, especially for a competition, and doubly for a competition for pieces about 'life' Is this open to negotiation?

Writeous' ego amuses me.

14 lines... RTW i think because this is the first competition i'd like to keep it this way please but in future competition's it will change! inshaAllah

ok so the first entry has exceeded the 14 lines, sooo yes can be more than 14 lines but PLEASE don't make extensively long :)

How many submissions have there been? And it has to be clean?? :/ I mean, it's not dirty (like my car :P) but it may by gruesome