Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yaya

Job-seekers Club

Nope, my grades were average. I knew someone who worked there, she gave me the manager's email, i emailed him saying 'hi, i have X experience, im hardworking etc, contact me if youre interested' The week after i went to the office and he asked me when i could start.

The centre is run by Pakistanis, the fact that im Pakistani was probably enough to get me the job. Its really disorganised/unprofessional, and they hired pretty much anyone at the time.

doesn't sound like a good place to teach your children much

Nah, its a good place. It just isnt run properly. The kids make it fun.

I really like working there, some of the kids are sooo much fun to work with. Theres a kid called Muhaydin (or Dino lol) who always runs away from me cos he thinks im gonna take his food (cos i threaten to) lol, his little brother, Zakariya is soooo beautiful too Masha'Allah. He's like 5 years old, he has such a cute smile too and be bought me a donut cos he thought i was really hungry. I was just winding them up for fun.

Another kid called Salimatou- i love this kid! She's so funny, she works hard and she shes really polite :wub:

And Ahlaam & Sabrina - they started calling me Miss Mogambo-Gambo so i called them Lamb Chop & Subway.

aaaand Ibrahim & Siham - these two cry like theres no tomorrow!

One kid i was working with yesterday 'sensed' i wasnt happy so she wrote me a note saying 'Mrs, you look preety today' lol

Merewen: lol i love your job deets! My sis has a tutoring job and she has such stories too..kids say the funniest things! One came to the center wearing her jacket as pants (legs thru sleeves). Another one got all serious and told her "you dont have to wear that you know" (at my sister's hijab). She was like whaaaaa um ok. Another one had just heard the LOTR on tape and was calling everything my prrrrecioussssss.

For getting jobs: usually your college/university will have a careers database. Thats where companies recruit from. Lots of entry level positions, with room for advancement.

Rafiki is going to work in Krispy Kreme and hook us all up with free doughnuts!

Rafiki is going to work in Krispy Kreme and hook us all up with free doughnuts!

We must hold him to this- even if they are ridiculously overrated, nobody would turn down a free doughnut.

mmm KKK

Not in black history month, son.

Hahaha

I know its almost sacrilegious to say this buuuut

I HATE krispey kreme doughnuts

But i'd take freebies, to use as bribes

I've never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut, I gotta try one inshallah, but they're not on sale here :(