Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yaya

Job-seekers Club

there was a jazzi chicken looking for P/T but my dad told me to remember what happened last time i worked in a chicken shop for an asian boss, he paid me well under min wage

there was a jazzi chicken looking for P/T but my dad told me to remember what happened last time i worked in a chicken shop for an asian boss, he paid me well under min wage

Just tell trading standards about them. Or whoever deals with under paying.

That's sucha pisstake. The shop near us employed a guy in his twenties for something like £3 an hour, and the guy had to take it cuz he had no other choice.

That's sucha pisstake. The shop near us employed a guy in his twenties for something like £3 an hour, and the guy had to take it cuz he had no other choice.

My dad is currently being paid £5.50 ph in his job, which was the min. wage about 5 years ago or something (its £6.19 now). It may not sound like a lot more, but the point is legally he is entitled to that money. He won't listen to me when I tell him he has to do something about it. My dad isn't some freshie who doesn't know better, and he has a family, so he shouldn't let his employer screw him out of that extra money.

That's so harsh man, I hope he speaks up and gets it sorted, or Allah taala replaces this job with a much better one, inshaAllah.

I used to work 9-10 hours for £40 a day, so that was roughly £4 an hour, and the thing is I knew the people I was working for, so I wasn't too sure how to say that you're taking the piss by doing this. Sometimes I'd have to stay in for longer, and get in earlier too - but the rate was the same, only £40 a day. Then the company went down the drain and left. But yknow the saddest thing, there was another guy who used to work more than 15hours a day and he'd only get £30 a day. It made me so sad cuz I was talking to him once and he looked knackered, and he said he'll probs finish by 1, and then he has to do the foodshopping at ASDA (drive down to the 24hour store) cuz his wife's pregnant. SubhanAllah man - it's really admirable that a guy is working that much just to support his family, but sucha shame that people are doing this to others.

Speaking of hardworking men, this reminds me of Owen. :(

Where is he? I hope he's well, May Allah taala protect him and give him the best of both worlds, ameen.

That's so harsh man, I hope he speaks up and gets it sorted, or Allah taala replaces this job with a much better one, inshaAllah.

I used to work 9-10 hours for £40 a day, so that was roughly £4 an hour, and the thing is I knew the people I was working for, so I wasn't too sure how to say that you're taking the piss by doing this. Sometimes I'd have to stay in for longer, and get in earlier too - but the rate was the same, only £40 a day. Then the company went down the drain and left. But yknow the saddest thing, there was another guy who used to work more than 15hours a day and he'd only get £30 a day. It made me so sad cuz I was talking to him once and he looked knackered, and he said he'll probs finish by 1, and then he has to do the foodshopping at ASDA (drive down to the 24hour store) cuz his wife's pregnant. SubhanAllah man - it's really admirable that a guy is working that much just to support his family, but sucha shame that people are doing this to others.

Speaking of hardworking men, this reminds me of Owen. :(

Where is he? I hope he's well, May Allah taala protect him and give him the best of both worlds, ameen.

That is so sad subhanAllah, may Allah recompense him with much better and increase his rizq. Ameen.

And Ameen to Owen too, I miss him... Definition of a real man- holding it down for his family mashaAllah.

IM TRYING TO LEAVE THE CLUB BUT ITS SO HARD

What type of work are you looking for?

Also, if you've been looking for jobs for as long as your making out, are you being too picky? I'm not saying that to be malicious, I've been offered bag loads of money for some contracts and even I can't afford to be picky.

Also, if you've been looking for jobs for as long as your making out, are you being too picky? I'm not saying that to be malicious, I've been offered bag loads of money for some contracts and even I can't afford to be picky.

It doesn't mean he's picky. It took me 3-4 yrs to get my current job. I was applying for a lot of jobs and hardly any employer wanted to even interview me. The job market sucks at the moment, there's literally nothing going. Recession is mostly to blame.

entry level. once i get my license im applying to become pizza delivery.