Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yaya

Job-seekers Club

Guest ...

alhamdulillah my job pays well then. Guys look into working for Three mobile... requires a person who likes selling. But you will get around £8 or £9 an hour.

I've never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut, I gotta try one inshallah, but they're not on sale here :(

You can get them in the Toon now.

It doesn't mean he's picky. It took me 3-4 yrs to get my current job. I was applying for a lot of jobs and hardly any employer wanted to even interview me. The job market sucks at the moment, there's literally nothing going. Recession is mostly to blame.

3-4 years? Thats a very long time, what do you do if you don't mind me asking? And what was your application process?

entry level. once i get my license im applying to become pizza delivery.

What do you mean by 'entry level'?

3-4 years? Thats a very long time, what do you do if you don't mind me asking? And what was your application process?

What do you mean by 'entry level'?

I live in a small town, makes your prospects of even being called in for interview very low, and many employers got really fussy about who they hire during the recession I noticed. Well it usually goes CV and cover letter, although some places just have you fill out an application. The job I have now was an online application. During all those years of job hunting, I had one real interview in a supermarket, and the others were all phone interviews for call centres. Also all of them told me I did absolutely fine in the interview, Sainsburys even told me the interview was a success, but they weren't going to take me on. Lack of constructive criticism really doesn't help.

I live in a small town, makes your prospects of even being called in for interview very low, and many employers got really fussy about who they hire during the recession I noticed. Well it usually goes CV and cover letter, although some places just have you fill out an application. The job I have now was an online application. During all those years of job hunting, I had one real interview in a supermarket, and the others were all phone interviews for call centres. Also all of them told me I did absolutely fine in the interview, Sainsburys even told me the interview was a success, but they weren't going to take me on. Lack of constructive criticism really doesn't help.

I think that the accepted axiom, small towns have less opportunities is a fallacy. At the very least they have the same amount of opportunities as any large cities. Although I haven't done any formal research on the issue, I actually believe that employment levels in smaller towns are higher than in cities. There is also more room to create new opportunities in smaller towns.

I think your problem is your CV, if you've only been granted one interview in 3-4 years. I would be happy to have a look at it for you, if you would like.

Oh my dayz maaan, I can't believe my luck half the time when it comes to this job stuff. I don't know what kinda weird and awkward situations I land myself in, seriously when I'm old and grey I'm definitely gonna write a book. I swear this is such facepalm moment right now.

1314029819767.png